Broken recline latch lounge chair

Hello:

The latch for reclining the lounge chair has come loose where latch goes to cable that leads to bottom of chair. When reaching under, i can feel parts falling off. Not sure if welds or metal broke or just need to screw back together. Anyone else have this problem and have some clues?

2019 Mallard IDM 252

danemayer

Hi rezmallard,

Looking back at posts from the past 3 years, I don't see any with your problem. And given that Heartland has almost certainly changed designs and/or vendors over the past few years, even if someone did have a similar problem, the furniture might be different.

While waiting to see if someone chimes in with specific help, you might try rotating the furniture onto its back so you can get a better look. It could be something simple.

david-steph2018

Hello:

The latch for reclining the lounge chair has come loose where latch goes to cable that leads to bottom of chair. When reaching under, i can feel parts falling off. Not sure if welds or metal broke or just need to screw back together. Anyone else have this problem and have some clues?

2019 Mallard IDM 252

Are you talking about the "D" ring cable? If it is this it is able to be removed and replaced. If you get the replacement part from Heartland it is around $40 plus shipping.

Try looking under the footrest for a label stating the maker/model. I found another source for the "D" handle parachute style cable here at this site:
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.recpro.com/rv-furniture-replacement-parts/

If you find the manufacture you can call them and may go with them for the part.
Hope this helps some for you[/FONT]

lynndiwagoner

As mentioned, you can buy them from Amazon. It's a bear to get that thing screwed in below the seat cushion level but it can be done.

LBR

As mentioned, you can buy them from Amazon. It's a bear to get that thing screwed in below the seat cushion level but it can be done.
Just replaced 2 D-ring style cables too....easy, but must flip chair upside down to install.