Rest In Peace - Jimmie McGee

jbeletti

Hello friends,

I'm sad to inform our Heartland family that we lost another family member. Friend, member, forum moderator, Jimmie McGee passed away last night (21-Feb-2020). Jimmie battled cancer of several forms for a decade or more but he was unable to win this last fight.

Jimmie and Bette resided in George West, Texas, not far from Corpus Christi. They have a Heartland Bighorn, I think it was their 2nd one and over the years, traveled to many rallies. Bette plans to retain the Bighorn for her family to use.

Myself and the moderator team had the pleasure of working with Jimmie for the many years that Jimmie was a moderator on this forum. Outside of the last year, if you were new to the forum, you were likely welcomed by Jimmie. Such a kind and gentle soul.

I had the pleasure of camping in their yard for a few days a number of years ago. Both Jimmie and Bette were excellent host. Bette made me the best breakfast burritos :). Amazing people.

Bette told me this morning that would have been their 61st wedding anniversary.

Bette won't be reading this forum so won't see your kind remarks but feel free to leave our own memorial to Jimmie.

Rest in peace my friend

Link to Obituary (thanks Terry H): https://www.robersonfuneralhomes.net/obituaries/Jimmie-Mcgee-2/#!/Obituary

Last edited:

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
I am also sad to hear about the passing of Jimmie McGee. He was a great friend, he also had a great sense of humor no matter what circumstance he was experiencing. He and Bette were always fun and loving people to be around. Jimmie will be greatly missed.

Prayers for Bette and her family.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I am also very sorry to hear of Jimmie's passing. He was a great friend for many years and will be missed, especially for his warm welcome to newbies on the forum.

So long Jimmie, we'll see you again.

danemayer

Jim was a fun guy with a gentle spirit. Here he is in 2012 at the rally in Spring, TX. Almost unrecognizable in this getup.

Jim McGee 2012 Spring Rally.JPG

He'll be missed.

Attachments

• Jim McGee 2012 Spring Rally 3.JPG
    Jim McGee 2012 Spring Rally 3.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 22

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Rest in peace Jimmie.
Fond memories since we first met at the national rally in Branson, 2008.
Peace and prayers for his family.

Peace
Dave

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
A wonderful man and a great story teller. Rest In Peace Jim. We’ll all miss you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnbhobe

Sorry to hear of Jimmy's passing , Jim and Bette were great friends.We also met them at the 2008 Branson Rally and his site next to us at the Goshen rallies #421. Rest in peace my friend, see you on the other side. Patti and Jon