Bending Stablizers on my 2019 Big Country

sbowman3

Is anyone else having problems with bending your stabilizers? I dropped my wheel in a hole and bent and twisted a stabilizer and after it taking two months in shop was bringing it home and went over a steep railroad track and bent another one before I even got home. These things are very low and close to the ground. Can they be raised? Anyone else expercing this problem.

sengli

I can assume you actually mean you bent the hydraulic rams, that are used for the level up, correct? There are bolts on the lippert versions that mount them to the frame. You can un-bolt them and move them up farther for more ground clearance. The only thing is, they dont have unlimited travel when they are put down. You would have to make sure to bring blocks so the rams, dont bottom out trying to extend to far.
Friend of mine did something similar with his SOB fiver, and yes they do stick down kinda far in some respects. I havent had any issues so far with our fifth wheels. But I am pretty mindful about where I go with the rig.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I have seen a trailer that struck a curb hard enough to not only bend the leveling jack, it bent the frame. Insurance totaled the trailer out.

Gary521

The front jacks have more travel than the side and rear jacks ( levelers ). I actually lowered my side and rear levelers because of this. It only takes a few minutes to either raise or lower the levelers. We are assuming that you are talking about levelers and not rear stabilizers?

carl.swoyer

Is anyone else having problems with bending your stabilizers? I dropped my wheel in a hole and bent and twisted a stabilizer and after it taking two months in shop was bringing it home and went over a steep railroad track and bent another one before I even got home. These things are very low and close to the ground. Can they be raised? Anyone else expercing this problem.
Your talking about the scizzor Jack's not hydraulics , right?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk