Shower Leak on 2019 Heartland Wilderness 3375K

Shower appears to be draining onto the floor from under the shower stall, and there is a lot of flex in the shower floor pan. Any idea on what is causing the leak & is the flex in shower floor normal?

rhodies1

It sounds like your drain pipe has come apart under the shower or the drain is not tight.. try removing the decorative pc of metal which is inserted into drain, then try to tighten the drain in shower floor..if this appears tight then check plastic pipe under shower to see if it has come apart or is loose. The weak spot is due to not enough support under shower stall floor. Depending on access ,you should be able to secure floor with strips of wood.
If your unit is still under warranty talk to your dealer about fixing..

It sounds like your drain pipe has come apart under the shower or the drain is not tight.. try removing the decorative pc of metal which is inserted into drain, then try to tighten the drain in shower floor..if this appears tight then check plastic pipe under shower to see if it has come apart or is loose. The weak spot is due to not enough support under shower stall floor. Depending on access ,you should be able to secure floor with strips of wood.
If your unit is still under warranty talk to your dealer about fixing..

I called the dealer & they came out. You were right the pipe under the shower broke due to not enough support. They are installing a new pipe & support so it hopefully does not happen again.

Thanks!

Gerryw

Thanks for the heads up on needing more support under the shower pan. The connection to the p-trap under my shower broke late last year which I repaired myself. This past week it broke again. This time I looked at this forum to get some needed advice. I added four more wooden support posts under the pan per the advice on this forum. I also noticed the original supports were not long enough so under those, shims were added. Hopefully this is the end of this problem. FYI my RV is a Heartland North Trail 28RKDS.

Gerry