Direct TV setup and Roku stick setup

FnKGold

We just bought a 2020 3925MLP Bighorn.
We want to setup our Direct TV system. We have a portable Winegard Gen 2 dome satellite unit, and an older DVR receiver. We want to watch one channel and be able to record a second channel at the same time. We only need it hooked up to the living room tv. Our old unit (2010 Titanium fifth wheel) had 2 connectors on the outside, Sat in and Cable in, these two wires connected via internal trailer cabling to the compartment by the television where we could hook up the two wires to the back on the Direct Tv receiver box.

On this rig there are five coax connectors in the utility bay (where water, sewer connections are).
Heartland cannot tell me if they ran two pre wire cables for satellite, other than the two that are buried in the roof for a permanent satellite hookup.

Short of running my own two cables through the body of the RV, any ideas or suggestions.

On a side note, it's a wall mounted TV, how do we install our Roku stick???

Thanks

mlpeloquin

My Big Horn had two satellite feeds, one to the bedroom and one to the living room. Two others was the pre wired feed from the roof for a roof mounted satellite dish. The other was for the park cable going through a splitter. One end to the bedroom and the other to the living room. For a roof mounted satellite dish the two from the roof would be connected to the two going to the living room and bedroom. Without the roof mounted dish, they would be unused.

danemayer

You have 4 coax connectors in a row above the water connections, and 1 by itself. The lone connector is for cable TV. The 4 in a row are 2 pairs as pictured.
View attachment 63862Rushmore UDC COAX Wiring.jpg

No guarantees that your connections behind the UDC are a match to the diagram.

So you have 1 coax wire to bedroom and another to living room.

If your dish and receiver support SWM mode, and the receiver has a DVR built in, I believe you'll be able to watch 1 program in the living room and record another on that same Receiver/DVR.

If your equipment is older, and not SWM capable, you might be able to use a Directv splitter in the living room. Some old receivers have 2 coax inputs and if you feed signal to both, you should be able to watch and record.

As I recall, the old receivers may need some type of adapter/filter device. The new ones with SWM need a power inserter on the receiver side of the splitter.