Dometic CCC2 Thermostat Problem

Greengas

Here is the history.

I got an E1 error on the thermostat that controls the AC in the main part of the rig and the heater. I was able to do a reset and go rid of the E1 but now that thermostat only shows Cool, Fan and Off modes. Gone are the Furn and HP modes. Also, even though it shows cool the AC won't come on. Although every now and then it starts up for about 5 seconds and then stops.

Next, I have only 1 zone for my system that includes both AC units. The one with the problem now shows zone 4 and the number for zone 1 is flashing. Hitting the zone button does nothing.

The other thermostat in the bedroom is working just fine. It shows all modes but of course it does not control the heater.

I have taken off the face plate of the thermostat and unplugged it for a while. No change.

I've flipped the breakers and removed and replaced the fuse, no change.

This problem started right after I had my rig washed and waxed. Thinking maybe something got messed up on the roof?

Help please. Thanks in advance.

Greengas

You mean switching the one in the bedroom with the one that is not working right? I thought of that but to be honest I'm afraid that it might mess up the other one and then I have no AC at all. As it is now, only the bedroom AC is coming on.

Greengas

I did as you suggested and switched the control faces of the two thermostats and sure enough, the one from the bedroom had no problem working as expected in its new location and the other one had the same problem when hooked up in the bedroom. Now I guess I need to buy a new one and we should all be good.

Thanks so very much.

carl.swoyer

I did as you suggested and switched the control faces of the two thermostats and sure enough, the one from the bedroom had no problem working as expected in its new location and the other one had the same problem when hooked up in the bedroom. Now I guess I need to buy a new one and we should all be good.

Thanks so very much.
Send a picture of your thermostat gone kaputs.

Try a factory reset simultaneously press and hold zone and mode button

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk