Front landing gear won't stay retracted

cap10moe

OK, very recent development on my front landing gear-2017 Landmark. Occasionally, I find after retraction, my front landing gear will not stay retracted. After driving down the road for a couple of hours, I find sometimes one, sometimes both, sometimes neither, front landing gear has dropped, anywhere from 1-3 inches. Only happens very occasionally, no consistency at all. Sometimes I can drive the whole day, and gear remains totally retracted as it is supposed to. Today, I checked it twice within a 5 hour period. Everything completely retracted as it should be. 2 1/2 hours later, driving down the interstate, a trucker lets me know my left front is hanging down. Had dropped to within 2-3 inches of the ground. Only happens with the front gear legs. Sometimes one, sometimes both. No indication of hydraulic leaks anywhere. Fluid reservoir is full. Suggestions?

danemayer

There is a valve, or possibly 2 valves, that controls flow of hydraulic fluid to extend/retract the legs. It sounds like it's not completely closed. There's a setscrew in the valve that should be full counter-clockwise. I think it might take a 3/16" allen wrench. Finger tight.

Also could be a little crud caught in the valve. Cycling the legs a few times may help if the setscrews are already full counter-clockwise.

Some rigs will have separate valves for the front legs. Others may have a single valve control both front legs. If you have separate valves, I believe you'll find them at the top of each leg.