Guidelines for posting in the Where/Plans/Sightings forum

jbeletti

Jackie,

I am envious of you guys. I would love to be able to travel the country for a few years and remain employed while doing so. Good for you.

Jim

J

jjjelm

We spotted a Big Horn 6/7/07 at the Johnsons Corner R.V. resort on I-25 in northern Colorado...was it you out there in "forum land"? Wonderful Wyoming

Cheryl

When posting sightings and asking if it is a forum member, keep in mind that not everyone takes a computer on vacation. So, if you don't get a response, please don't think it is out of rudeness. If you see another Landmark owner at a campground consider stopping by when they are outside of their unit just to say hi!

J

jjjelm

Hope one of these Big Horn 3600s were on the way to you! We spotted 3 in transit new BH s between Green River, Wyoming & Salt Lake City, UT on Wed. Aug 30. Wonderful Wyoming

osims

bsims
short over night stops

while traveling long distances,what about pulling into walmart parking lots, truckstops,etc. any bad experences or any suggestions

Cheryl

We used to stop for a quick night's sleep at Rest Areas and truck stops before. Never had anybody bother us. We don't have a generator, so the past few summers, we have found a campground for the night's sleep - getting to old to give up the AIR!

bobadri

We are currently in the Outer Banks of N.C. Have never seen another Landmark in our travels. Heading down south to Georgia and west to Arizona,eventually.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
fireflipper

osims
NOt all Wallmarts allow overnight parking, most that do not are posted. My wife found a book that tells which ones do and don't. She thinks she got the book from Sam's club web site. It also gives the location of all the Sam's clubs and Wallmarts.
As for parking in the truck stops. They usually do not mind unless you pick one that is busy. This takes a spot from the truckers. Flying J usually has some site set aside for overnighters. Of course there are no hook ups, but they do have dump stations at most of there terminals.

Stay safe

J

jjjelm

Anyone out there in "forum land" belong to the new Sundance parked at The Lake Mead R.V. Village in Boulder City, NV? We are the Big Hron in space 803.

sharmulst

Bighorn/Landmark Sightings

We saw a Sundance heading east on I40 east of Grants, NM on 10/28/06. When we arrived in Bullhead City, AZ on 10/29/06 there was a Bighorn and a Landmark at Ridgeview RV Park. We are here until Wednesday 11/1/06. We walked over to Laughlin this AM for breakfast and saw a Bighorn go down the road. It is fun to keep an eye out for other Heartland RV's.
Will post any further sightings.

J

jjjelm

Today 11/7/06 we pulled into Hurricane, UT and spotted two Big Horns in the same park!

sharmulst

Landmark sighting

On Sunday November 12th we were in Julian, Calif and saw a Landmark making a lefthand turn on Highway 78 towards Ramona, CA. This was about noon.

Princess Kathleen

We pulled into S & W RV Campground in Shallotte, NC...and there is a Big Horn across from us. We will stop by tomorrow. We will be here until Sat., then we are heading to Louisiana through Atlanta...Mobile...and then Hammond.
PK

Princess Kathleen

Went over and met the BigHorn owners...hubby was at work...DW was home....they are not members of the forum...and do not have a computer. They are from VA.

sislv

Tom & Sharol
@ Shelby Montana - Westbound

Sharol and I are in Shelby MT for the night on the way to St. Mary MT and Glacier National Park for at least 2 days stay. From there we'll go to West Glacier and look around for another couple days. Then down to Yellowstone.

We took US-2 all the way out from the U.P. of Michigan and haven't seen another Heartland yet. We have had quite a few people in the various parks looking hard at our Bighorn 3055RL though. Also quite a few lookers on the road. Maybe the Heartland Site will get a few more hits.

Cheers to all and hope we might see some of the forum members.

Tom & Sharol a.k.a. The Dancers

jbeletti

Tom,

I like the tail end of your signature. You earned that! Travel safe and thanks for promoting the brand through your willingness to show your rig to interested parties.

Jim

Mariposa

saw one

Saw a Big Horn south bound on Hwy 59, through New Caney, Texas. I waved, but no response from the driver. Probably keeping his eyes on the narrow traffic lanes, area under construction. friday after noon, Aug 3
Bob

Princess Kathleen

We just arrived in Granville Ferry Nova Scotia. Beautiful area, mountains, valleys, and lots of scallops.

We are here for a week, so if you see the Luv Shak....take pictures and stop by and chat.

PK

Dusty

It must have been a day for Bighorns, 12-6-07 and 12-7-07. On the 6th we spotted a Bighorn on Hwy 290 at a picnic area just a few miles east of Fredericksburg Texas, he was east bound and we were west bound. On the 7th we were headed back east and saw another Bighorn west bound in downtown Fredericksburg, we were on the way back to Bastrop Tx where we live.

Dusty

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Lets get it running again..

OK.. I am going to pickup my new 3400RE on Wednesday and I want to meet new people in my new 5er..

Where are you all.

We are at Smith RV in George West TX.. Going to Seguin, TX to pickup our trailer then to Kerrville, TX @ Buckhorn RV for a Sweetheart Rally.

Then we are going to be at the Spring TX Heartland Rally..

Lets get some chatter going.

BC