W/D in BC 3560SS

NYSUPstater

Am inquiring as we do not have a w/d, but just the proverbial "if/when". The w/d hook up is in the main hallway slide closet. I do not recall seeing a label on wall for drier vent hole, so will assume the w/d will have to be a all in in unit. That being said, how much weight does a combo unit weigh? IF we could go w/ separate units, how much would they weigh? Have no idea how much weight the slide itself can hold and it's operated via the Schwintek system. Did notice that all the plumbing lines are flexible and run under the bed so would have to check them often I would think.Is it necessary to have one of those trays under the washer? How much water does a washer use for 1 load? If a combo w/d, how long for 1 load to wash/dry? Vibrations? Noise? Sorry for all the questions. Never had a w/d hook up before, so when we retire and want to travel, just want to get info ahead of time. TIA.

RickL

I believe that slide is similar to our Oshkosh. We have separate washer dryer units in ours. Based on our experience and talking to others that have a combo unit you will be much happier with separate units. I’m sure those with combo units may disagree but I know for a fact our dryer dries the clothes completely as opposed to the combo unit that utilizes steam to dry. My sister and her husband also full time and when we meet up from time to time she is jealous of the time it takes us to wash/dry loads of laundry in comparison to their combo unit. But to each their own.

rhodies1

A big heads up. When you do decide to install the washer / dryer. Be very careful when cutting the dryer vent. The stickers placed on the wall by the factory are NOT always correct..
check the location,double check again ,use a stud finder to ensure the sticker is not slapped on an area where a wall stud is located..
Many members on this forum can attest to incorrect placement of the sticker from the factory.

sengli

Also since that water and drain plumbing run in that bedroom slide, the connections are under the bed for the drain etc. Saw a thread or two on here about where the drains werent hooked up completely and the newly installed washer pumped water into the bedroom floor under the bed.

RickL

Also since that water and drain plumbing run in that bedroom slide, the connections are under the bed for the drain etc. Saw a thread or two on here about where the drains werent hooked up completely and the newly installed washer pumped water into the bedroom floor under the bed.

I was one of those that had the drain connection come off three times. The resulting flood damaged both slide floors. Heartland took care of it (I had the work completed at the service center in Elkhart). The angle of the connection was too sharp and every time the slide was moved out and in, the connection worked off. My dealer repaired it twice and the 3rd time I did the fix by softening the angle of the hose as it wrapped around.

Flick

Am inquiring as we do not have a w/d, but just the proverbial "if/when". The w/d hook up is in the main hallway slide closet. I do not recall seeing a label on wall for drier vent hole, so will assume the w/d will have to be a all in in unit. That being said, how much weight does a combo unit weigh? IF we could go w/ separate units, how much would they weigh? Have no idea how much weight the slide itself can hold and it's operated via the Schwintek system. Did notice that all the plumbing lines are flexible and run under the bed so would have to check them often I would think.Is it necessary to have one of those trays under the washer? How much water does a washer use for 1 load? If a combo w/d, how long for 1 load to wash/dry? Vibrations? Noise? Sorry for all the questions. Never had a w/d hook up before, so when we retire and want to travel, just want to get info ahead of time. TIA.

The answer to whether or not you can put a tray under the washer is I don’t think so. Very little extra room unless you don’t put it in a closet. I put a piece of plexiglass under ours and than screwed floor blocks front and back so it couldn’t walk around. I then siliconed one of the $10 Watchdog water alarms to the plexiglass in the rear so that if a leak occurred, it would signal an alarm. We have the combo unit which is ventless and probably wouldn’t buy the ventless again. However, it works for us but we’re not full time. We use it all the time for small things and it really helps. We save big items for when we get home.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

WHAT.....Are you too good to join the rest of us down by the river washing our clothes the old fashion way…

greatheron

MD Chapter Member
We have a BC3965DSS and installed a w/d last May 2019. We did a lot of research and bought two separate units with vented dryer as our large hallway slide will only accommodate side-by-side installation. We had heard about "mislabeled" vent stickers and were spooked enough that we elected to have it installed (by Camping World) and it turned out very nice. We used it as we traveled across country for four and a half months last summer with no issues. We made sure drain valves were open!

We did install a pan under the washer. It's been almost a year now, but if memory serves, the washer holds ~ 15 lbs. and uses 7-10 gals./wash depending on setting and a cycle runs ~ 15-20 min. Drying, even though a separate vented unit, still takes ~ 1 hours. We like the fact that we can be drying one load and start washing another load at the same time. Weight of the two units is ~ 225 lbs. (or equivalent to an avg. Heartlander ☺️ IMHO 😉)

Hope this helps!