Spare Tire Carrier Recommendation

SilverRhino

Today while at our storage space, I noticed our spare tire seemed a little low to the ground. Got out the crank and tried to raise it, only to discover two of four mounting welds had broken. The metal use on the OEM set up is barely thicker than a beer can in some places😡

Thinking about the BAL Hide A Spare to Replace what I have. My tires are ST235/80R16 and would need at least 10 inches between the top of the rack and the bottom of my trailer. Is anyone using this carrier and if so, what do you think of the strength and dependability?? Also, will my 10 inch tire fit in this rack?

Thank you for any information you are able to share!! Stay safe & healthy🤠

Gary521

The BAL Hide a Spare is the standard spare carrier that Heartland has used for quite a while on Bighorns et al.

NYSUPstater

Just for farts and giggles, what about having a local metal fab shop weld things up albeit much better than factory?. One did some welding on our old coach for rear JT Strong-arms. worked great. Then sold the coach following year.

Gary521

Just for farts and giggles, what about having a local metal fab shop weld things up albeit much better than factory?. One did some welding on our old coach for rear JT Strong-arms. worked great. Then sold the coach following year.
I thought about doing something along this line as I prefer the crank down carrier to the Hide A Spare. The Hide A Spare is not easy to use.