Unable to Auto Level

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
OK, friends, Romans, and countrymen, suggestions for this. When I try to auto level, I get “Function Disabled”. All controls work and I can manually level. I’ve tried cutting all power and reapplying. A suggestion was to unplug the four pin connector behind the control panel, wait 15 seconds, and plug back in, but when I pop the control board cover off, there’s not enough cable slack to get to the plug. Ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Admin. Please move to the correct sub area. Accidentally posted here.

Gary521

The wire to unplug is the red wire that goes to the controller, at the controller. The controller is in the top center of the front compartment. This may or may not work in you case but it has worked for others. The red wire supplies power to the controller.

carl.swoyer

The wire to unplug is the red wire that goes to the controller, at the controller. The controller is in the top center of the front compartment. This may or may not work in you case but it has worked for others. The red wire supplies power to the controller.
Why not turn off the battery disconnect? Wait a few minutes then turn it on?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

RoadJunkie

It seems to me that I recall that your front of the trailer must be higher than the position when level in order to start the auto leveling process. Similarly, the auto return function, to point of unhitching, will not be available if the front of the rig must be lowered to reach that position.

carl.swoyer

I don't use the auto return function. However we simply have power on and press auto level and it drops the nose down low below level and then it comes back up and searches for left right front rear.

Flick

I don't use the auto return function. However we simply have power on and press auto level and it drops the nose down low below level and then it comes back up and searches for left right front rear.

That is exactly what mine does and I love it.

Lou_and_Bette

This is just a shot in the dark but something easy to try since you indicated "manual" function still works. Recalibrate the system. With the unit off, rapidly push the forward button 10 times, then, without pausing, push the rear button 10 times and that should put you in the Zero calibration mode. Using the buttons and a level to get the rig where you want the level point to be, then push Enter. The system may display "wait" but should soon display "success" and turn off. After that is complete, test the system by raising the nose using the switch at the front of the rig, turn on Level Up, and push Auto.

boatto5er

This is just a shot in the dark but something easy to try since you indicated "manual" function still works. Recalibrate the system. With the unit off, rapidly push the forward button 10 times, then, without pausing, push the rear button 10 times and that should put you in the Zero calibration mode. Using the buttons and a level to get the rig where you want the level point to be, then push Enter. The system may display "wait" but should soon display "success" and turn off. After that is complete, test the system by raising the nose using the switch at the front of the rig, turn on Level Up, and push Auto.

We don’t have the manual switch on the front of the rig. The only control is the Level Up panel.

carl.swoyer

We don’t have the manual switch on the front of the rig. The only control is the Level Up panel.
Maybe post a picture of the panel

If you scroll through the level up panel there's an option to perform a manual operation

Lou_and_Bette

That’s how I’m currently leveling it.

Do the system re-zero I mentioned and after establishing new level point (system should have turned off,) turn system on, and raise nose in manual mode, go back to initial screen and push Auto-level. When doing the Auto leveling, the nose needs to be elevated like when you disconnect from TV

Jim.Allison

I think it was E-Trailer that had this solution for a different code than I had. Mine did not really have a code except "excessive angle" It made sense to me that recalibration might work. I did exactly as you outlined, and I achieved the coveted success light. I intentionally unleveled it and hit auto level and Wah Lah success.