PEX Sharkbite connector thoughts?

n3zmw

Hey all, looking at doing s modification to my M33 that requires a tee on my hot & cold water lines under my kitchen sink. Lines are PEX. Connectors I can use ate standard tee with crimp rings or sharkbite push tee. Please share your experiences with the sharkbite push tee and which tee would be better in your opinion. My concern is that the vibration from towing my trailer may loosen the sharbite tee over time, where the crimp ring tee is permanent until cut off.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

danemayer

I've used both and they both hold up fine. Sharkbite press-ons are easier, especially in cramped spaces. But of course once you have the tools, putting in crimp rings is a lot less expensive.

But in the way of a suggestion - instead of a tee, install a cutoff valve. Then in the future, if you have to work on that fixture, you don't have to shut off water to the entire coach. At PexUniverse.com, they're $6.55. Buy extras and as you work on other areas, add them. The very next one should go on the water supply for the toilet.

Also consider putting cut-off valve on your toilet line - as our valve on the toilet failed (water keep filling bowel) and you have to turn off ALL water to the unit. Until you receive a new part to repair toilet you can use pitcher of water to flush toilet and still have water in the unit . . .

n3zmw

Thank you for the inputs. I need the tee for the branch line, but will add cut-offs also.

Flick

Thank you for the inputs. I need the tee for the branch line, but will add cut-offs also.

When we built our new home, I bought a pex crimping tool from Lowe’s for about a $100. I had to redo something the plumbers didn’t do right. Now that I have the tool, I carry it with me when we travel. Never can tell when I’ll need it.

wdk450

Sharkbite PEX connectors are code approved to be placed behind walls. That tells you how reliable the construction industry thinks they are.The shutoff valve on my toilet has been flexed all around the 3-4 times I have worked on my toilet ball seal and never leaked in the about 5 years it has been in place.
FYI there is a simple plastic ring tool to remove Sharkbite fittings, if you need to.

n3zmw

I think I'm going to use the stainless clamp style connections vs. the push fittings. In the long run the tool will be more cost effective than buying press connections ever time I replace a fitting or make a modification.