2020 summit TV and Jenson DVD audio problems

We have recently found that we can not get sound out of the Jenson DVD JWM90A from the summit TV in the Livingroom when watching TV over air. We pulled the Jenson out and can see there is 1 set of RCA plugs (Aux 3 audio out) and 1 HDMI (out) cord. I do not have the Wally hooked up and just using over the air channels. We tried to trace the cables and found that they may lead to the cabinet above the TV, where I am assuming the media units will be placed. In the meantime can someone help me with trying to get the sound to come from the Jenson when playing over the air channels? Or can someone enlighten me as to the best method of taking down the TV to trace all the cables and possibly installing another HDMI or coaxle? BTW the Jenson plays with the radio on and occasionally I can see the Jenson when I look at the TV input list. At this point I am so frustrated that I need step by step instruction. I have the Jenson owners manual, I have the media manual that I found on this site and looked at several YouTube videos of install and setup. Help!!

Thanks community.

I tried to load pics via the icon in this editor but to no avail. ??

danemayer

Hi Tanniegirl,

The Jensen manual says it has HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC). So if there's an HDMI video connection from the Jensen to the TV, and the TV supports ARC, it may be possible to make use of the ARC by way of the TV menu and the Jensen menu.

Thanks for the reply danemayer.
The Jenson does support HDMI ARC, however, the TV does not. I have tried multiple combinations of inputs on the TV and inputs on the Jenson with no success.

danemayer

Ok, then you'd need a TV OUT and a Jensen IN. The Jensen has RCA stereo INPUT, so you'll have to find a TV OUTPUT and cable between.

If you haven't seen it yet, we have an RV Audio Connections Illustrated, that provides pictoral guidance on how to bridge a TV OUTPUT to a sound system INPUT. Depending on the type of TV OUTPUT, you may also need an adapter.

Another way to go is to get a Soundbar for the TV.

Ok, then you'd need a TV OUT and a Jensen IN. The Jensen has RCA stereo INPUT, so you'll have to find a TV OUTPUT and cable between.

If you haven't seen it yet, we have an RV Audio Connections Illustrated, that provides pictoral guidance on how to bridge a TV OUTPUT to a sound system INPUT. Depending on the type of TV OUTPUT, you may also need an adapter.

Another way to go is to get a Soundbar for the TV.

Thanks again. I have the maual you are referring to. I think we will attempt to pull the TV down and hook up a coaxal AND RCA cables, that way we have what we need for any future equipment we want to add. Hopefully the TV will not have to come down again.