Unidentified switch

kendot21

Hi folks,
I am a veteran RV'r who has just purchased a used Elkridge E22. My question is we have a 110 volt style switch located on the end of the sink cabinet in the same area as the slider switch, systems monitor panel, etc. The switch is red and has a pilot light that illuminates when on, seeming indicating it maybe controlling something not readily seen or easily forgotten. Can anyone offer me some insight

danemayer

Hi kendot21,

Congratulations on the new-to-you Elkridge and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The 120V wall-type switch that illuminates when turned on is very likely the electric side of the water heater. I hope you already had water in the water heater tank when it was turned on as the electric element can be burned out very quickly in an empty tank.

You can find out more in our owner-written Water Heater Usage Guide.

kendot21

Hi kendot21,

Congratulations on the new-to-you Elkridge and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The 120V wall-type switch that illuminates when turned on is very likely the electric side of the water heater. I hope you already had water in the water heater tank when it was turned on as the electric element can be burned out very quickly in an empty tank.

You can find out more in our owner-written Water Heater Usage Guide.

THANK YOU!
Ken