PEX Line connection replacement. Suggestiosn?

ENG2242

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans serif]This connection is in need of
replacement: what diameter water supply line is it, and what size parts and procedure is required to do so? I realize it has the crimping connection and was going to replace with a hose clamp. Is there a way to remove the crimp with out the correct removal tool?​
[/FONT]

(The red line connected to the faucet is the project)HWL.jpg

rahewett

It is 1/2 inch pex. Go to Lowes. They will have every thing you need.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Flick

This connection is in need of
replacement: what diameter water supply line is it, and what size parts and procedure is required to do so? I realize it has the crimping connection and was going to replace with a hose clamp. Is there a way to remove the crimp with out the correct removal tool?​

(The red line connected to the faucet is the project)View attachment 64055

I have removed crimp rings by cutting with a small portable grinder or you could use a dremel tool. If the hose is long enough you could cut it off and reattach.
Be careful with a clamp on a pex line. If it blows off unexpectedly, you’ll be swamped.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have removed crimp rings by cutting with a small portable grinder or you could use a dremel tool. If the hose is long enough you could cut it off and reattach.
Be careful with a clamp on a pex line. If it blows off unexpectedly, you’ll be swamped.
I twist to loop on the old clamps with a pair of pliers and pop it right off. Or if you have Pex line to work with I just cut if off. You need a good clean end to start with anyway.

Jerrod

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

wdk450

I would cut off the old fitting as a sample when you go to the hardware store. I have the highest opinion of Sharkbite brand fittings.

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans serif]This connection is in need of
[/FONT]

(The red line connected to the faucet is the project)View attachment 64055
Why are you replacing it?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We changed faucets and had to find new connectors, as the new faucet had smaller fittings. We found these “push-on” Shark-bite type fittings with cut-off valves.

We just cut the pex and pushed on the new one.

0d41871382bb41ae5b6e971a5fe611bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk