Max lifting capacity question

Dmetcalf

I noticed that my front 2 hydraulic jacks have a slightly larger diameter to them compared to the middle and rear jacks. I was wondering if anyone knows the lifting capacity of the front ( since they are slightly larger) and the remaining 4 jacks ..?
thanks .

avvidclif

Several years ago when I looked it was 12k front and 8k rear. That's each for a total of 56k lifting capacity for a 15.5k rated 5'er. Sometimes it makes you think, "What are they thinking?" Over 3 times needed for leveling jacks and has 2 7k axles?

Dmetcalf

Several years ago when I looked it was 12k front and 8k rear. That's each for a total of 56k lifting capacity for a 15.5k rated 5'er. Sometimes it makes you think, "What are they thinking?" Over 3 times needed for leveling jacks and has 2 7k axles?

Thank you. Yeah, I'm ok with "overkill" gives me a little more peace of mind just in case …..

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
When the Level-Up system first came out, Bob Tiedge, the inventor of the system, took his DRV coach and lifted it completely off the ground at various shows to show the ability of the unit.

Dmetcalf

When the Level-Up system first came out, Bob Tiedge, the inventor of the system, took his DRV coach and lifted it completely off the ground at various shows to show the ability of the unit.

That's very interesting and informative. I bit of a history for all of us too..!

Thanks

(thumbs up)

Duane

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Bob was quite an interesting guy. He's a Marine and knew the Level-Up system backward and forward.

I was lucky enough to meet Bob and Dale Fenton who invented the Trail Air kingpin as well as other hitches and accessories.

Dmetcalf

Bob was quite an interesting guy. He's a Marine and knew the Level-Up system backward and forward.

I was lucky enough to meet Bob and Dale Fenton who invented the Trail Air kingpin as well as other hitches and accessories.

I’ll bet you had some great conversations with them as well .!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Yep. When you’re changing a flat out in the middle of nowhere, it’s comforting to know it’ll handle the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmetcalf

Yep. When you’re changing a flat out in the middle of nowhere, it’s comforting to know it’ll handle the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck yeah, I agree with that. I would not want to try and use any kind of jack to lift these things...

NYSUPstater

Heck yeah, I agree with that. I would not want to try and use any kind of jack to lift these things...

Once I found out (thru this site) that the 6pt could be used to raise/lift the 5er w/o a glitch, have used the rear jacks to lift it to grease the suspension, install wet bolts or to change a tire. I do however, still carry a pump jack and leveling boards (that go under the rear jacks) just in case the 6pt doesn't work and a flat tire is had. Can use the boards (actually more so: 2-2x10x16" screwed together) to place under the jack to lift the coach.

Personal preference I guess here, but I'd highly recommend that the truck be hooked up if you want to lift just 1 side of coach

Dmetcalf

Once I found out (thru this site) that the 6pt could be used to raise/lift the 5er w/o a glitch, have used the rear jacks to lift it to grease the suspension, install wet bolts or to change a tire. I do however, still carry a pump jack and leveling boards (that go under the rear jacks) just in case the 6pt doesn't work and a flat tire is had. Can use the boards (actually more so: 2-2x10x16" screwed together) to place under the jack to lift the coach.

Personal preference I guess here, but I'd highly recommend that the truck be hooked up if you want to lift just 1 side of coach

I agree with staying connected to lift one side for safety. I wanted to see just how much these jacks were capable of for conversation purposes.

avvidclif

Here's a picture of mine at the tire dealers getting the willpops replaced with Sailuns when it was abt a month old. Just remember if you do this DON'T let the axle hangers flip. The springs in the middle should be ABOVE the hanger, not below.

Attachments

• IMG_0513 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0513 (Medium).JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 27

Dmetcalf

Here's a picture of mine at the tire dealers getting the willpops replaced with Sailuns when it was abt a month old. Just remember if you do this DON'T let the axle hangers flip. The springs in the middle should be ABOVE the hanger, not below.

Good picture to demonstrate the value of these jacks..!!

Thanks

Flick

Very true referring to the flipping. And they don’t always flip back on there own. You sometimes have to unbolt them and return them to the correct position.

Dmetcalf

Very true referring to the flipping. And they don’t always flip back on there own. You sometimes have to unbolt them and return them to the correct position.

Yikes, good information to be made aware of. Thanks for sharing.

D.