P-trap size question

Houchins4

So on my 2016 DS 310 TT the p-trap developed a leak. Went to fix and low and behold it's not the standard 1 1/2" in x 1 1/2" out it's a 2" in out that's threaded. Now I can't find that size. Has anyone experienced this issue???

Houchins4

danemayer, It's the fitting...it's threaded side. The in from the shower is 1 1/2 threaded, the out from p trap is 2" threaded.

Flick

So on my 2016 DS 310 TT the p-trap developed a leak. Went to fix and low and behold it's not the standard 1 1/2" in x 1 1/2" out it's a 2" in out that's threaded. Now I can't find that size. Has anyone experienced this issue???

Are you referring to the p trap that is 1 1/2 and the pipe run to the tank is 2”? If you are, that is unusual in that p-traps are usually 1 1/4. If you are correct, take it off and go to a plumbing supply house or maybe even a box store and you can match up something that will work. Good luck.

Houchins4

HTML:
Are you referring to the p trap that is 1 1/2 and the pipe run to the tank is 2”? If you are, that is unusual in that p-traps are usually 1 1/4. If you are correct, take it off and go to a plumbing supply house or maybe even a box store and you can match up something that will work. Good luck.

Yeah I have no idea why they did like this...I tried to build one but the lip didn’t create good seal!

danemayer

danemayer, It's the fitting...it's threaded side. The in from the shower is 1 1/2 threaded, the out from p trap is 2" threaded.

I agree with the suggestion to take the damaged p-trap to the hardware store and compare to what they have.

danemayer

Why don't you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask for the parts department.