New to Heartland RVing

Hello all,
Joe and Michele here as new first time RV owners here in Utah. We bought a 2019 Heartland Wilderness 2500 RL. Looking forward to getting out on the road.

I have been wanting a travel trailer since I retired from the Navy in 2008. Any suggestions are very welcomed on pre-flight, flight, and post flight usage.

Happy RVing all!

Joe

Dmetcalf

Hello all,
Joe and Michele here as new first time RV owners here in Utah. We bought a 2019 Heartland Wilderness 2500 RL. Looking forward to getting out on the road.

I have been wanting a travel trailer since I retired from the Navy in 2008. Any suggestions are very welcomed on pre-flight, flight, and post flight usage.

Happy RVing all!

Joe

Welcome to one of the best online RV forums out there. Lots of experienced people here that can answer just about any questions you might have.
enjoy the RV lifestyle..!!

Last edited:

Jv75353

Congrats on your new rig and welcome to the forum! Wishing you safe travels as you get out and start making new memories.

Flick

Hello all,

Happy RVing all!

Joe

Welcome and enjoy the times that will create those lasting memories. Thank you for your service to the greatest country on earth.

pedirob

Make a checklist of all the things you need to do before moving your trailer. Even obvious things. It’s so easy to forget something important.

Examples:
-raise stabilizer jacks
-retract slide
-lock refrigerator door
-stow all loose interior items
-retract awning
-check lug nut torque
-check tire pressure

Remember to winterize BEFORE it gets cold.
Drain and clean your water heater once or twice a year. Replace the anode rod, if it has one, when needed.
Get a rear observation camera, if you don’t have one.
Go camping every chance you get.

have fun...Rob