Lippert Level Up Problem

Hi all! just got home from a week long family trip and got our rig (2020 Elkridge) home to wash/unpack. We got unhitched and everything was great. Went to hitch back up to take it to storage and got a fault. I manually retracted the levels and landing gear. Now the gear will not lower or raise and I hear a loud click every time I use the controller. Not sure what the problem is. Still under warranty but I expect it to take a few days at least and want to head back out for Memorial Day weekend. Thanks in advance!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It kinda sounds like you have low battery power.
Your onboard charger may not be getting power to the battery.
Plug in your trailer and check voltage at the battery. It should be charging at 13+ volts. If not check the bank of breakers feeling for a tiny reset button on one of the breakers. Press it.

Peace
Dave

Thanks Dave, I checked and we are good on power. I have shore power set up at home too. The click sounds like it it clicking to “turn on” then nothing. The manual override works just fine and my slides work fine so I’m stumped.

danemayer

Thanks Dave, I checked and we are good on power. I have shore power set up at home too. The click sounds like it it clicking to “turn on” then nothing. The manual override works just fine and my slides work fine so I’m stumped.

Are you talking about the manual override where you operate the hydraulic pump with a drill? Or something else? Also, are your slides hydraulic or electric?

I used the drill for the manual override, have to get the rig out of the front of my house before HOA sends a note. My slides are electric, sorry!

danemayer

The hydraulics need a lot of stored power from the battery to get the hydraulic pump going. Less power is needed for the electric slides. So it's possible that you're getting enough power through the shore power connection to run the slides, but not enough to run the hydraulics, if your battery is low.

Another possibility is a problem at the dual polarity solenoid that connects power and ground to the hydraulic pump. If you have a loose connection there, it might account for the clicking sound.

To test your battery, turn off or disconnect shore power. Wait about 10 minutes. Then go to the levelup control panel and cycle it to see the voltage reading. If you have 12.5 - 12.6V, your battery is fully charged. If 12.0 or less, it's pretty much discharged. But shore power has to be disconnected or the reading will reflect the output of the Power Converter instead of the battery.

If the battery has a good charge of 12.5 - 12.6, check at the hydraulic pump to see if the thick wires are tightly connected.

Another possibility is a poor ground connection from the dual polarity solenoid to the frame. Here's a diagram that might help.

Lippert Level-Up Block Diagram.jpg

Dave, you are the best! I ended up late last night tracking all the wires while everyone in my house slept. I found the people’s was nothing but a simple fix, the mini dc circuit was tripped. His the reset button and it works like a charm. Really appreciate your help!!

View attachment 64143[/QUOTE]