Forum Acts Differnt Past Several Days

wdk450

I am guessing that my 'problem' is something to do with my Chrome browser, but thought I would ask the Forum members if this is happening to anyone else.
For the past couple of days, the forum acts and looks differently to me. There are no longer any icons to the immediate left of the listings of posts, the input text style seems to have changed, and when I tried to paste a weblink into one of my postings, it didn't immediately happen, but I got an extra "security" popup window to paste my link into, which then was applied to my posting. Also, the spellchecker seems to no longer identify misspellings in my text.
Anybody else seeing this stuff. Any suggestions? No changes to my settings have been made by me recently. I checked the Chrome settings this morning, and everything seems normal to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I'm also using Chrome and Windows 10 with no problems. There seems to be less usage recently but it's probably because no one is able to get out very much because of the China virus.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I am guessing that my "problem" is something to do with my Chrome browser, but thought I would ask the Forum members if this is happening to anyone else. For the past couple of days, the forum acts and looks differtly to me. There are no longer any icons to the immediate left of the listings of posts, the input text style seems to have changed, and when I tried to paste a weblink into one of my postings, it didn't immediately happen, but I got an extra "security" popup window to paste my link into, which then was applied to my posting. Also, the spellchecker seems to no longer identify misspellings in my text. Anybody else seeing this stuff. Any suggestions? No changes to my settings have been made by me recently. I checked the Chrome setings this morning, and everything seems normal to me.
Noticed the same thing. All the icons to the left of the threads are gone. And the forum seems to be considerably slower. Not sure what's going on. But I don't like it. LOL.

travlingman

I am guessing that my "problem" is something to do with my Chrome browser, but thought I would ask the Forum members if this is happening to anyone else. For the past couple of days, the forum acts and looks differtly to me. There are no longer any icons to the immediate left of the listings of posts, the input text style seems to have changed, and when I tried to paste a weblink into one of my postings, it didn't immediately happen, but I got an extra "security" popup window to paste my link into, which then was applied to my posting. Also, the spellchecker seems to no longer identify misspellings in my text. Anybody else seeing this stuff. Any suggestions? No changes to my settings have been made by me recently. I checked the Chrome setings this morning, and everything seems normal to me.

Having the same issues.

wdk450

I guess I am glad I am not the only one having these problems. Also what shows up when i type input is not quite what gets posted. For example, the following line from my post was typed in correctly, but posted like this: it didn't immediately happen, but I got an extra "security"

NYSUPstater

<p>
Noticed the same thing. All the icons to the left of the threads are gone. And the forum seems to be considerably slower. Not sure what's going on. But I don't like it. LOL.
</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
I could tell you, but you wouldn't like my answer! LOL</p>

donr827

<p>
I have Chrome Windows 10 and I have the same problem. I am also seeing on this thread things like this: 9@wh4. I also went to two other forums to check them out. One had the same problem and the other did not.</p>

I was too. I tried to post something yesterday and had the problem, thought it was me. When I used Safari on my iPad I had similar issues, switched over to google & it was fine. Safari is my default on the iPad. There is an issue here somewhere. Hockster

NYSUPstater

I also agree w/ hockster as I'm getting a funky thing: wouldn&#39.
Have no idea what that is. Moderators please lookinto this. While at it, when pics are posted in a thread, w/o a next or close tab under it, so if you click on it to view larger it does so BUT when back arrowing (for lack of better words), the pic goes dark, back arrow again and I'm out of the post altogether. Odd.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
FYI, I've passed this issue on to our technical moderator.
I will update with any information I receive.

Peace
Dave

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
The Forum should be working better now. Should anyone experience any issues, please email me directly with the details of what has occurred. Screen shots are especially helpful.

NYSUPstater

The Forum should be working better now. Should anyone experience any issues, please email me directly with the details of what has occurred. Screen shots are especially helpful.

Any ideas as to what was going on? We are on a Apple and Safari and had the issues as well (before you did "X").

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Any ideas as to what was going on? We are on a Apple and Safari and had the issues as well (before you did "X").
We think we know what is going on and it is being addressed however you may continue to see some issues as the problems are being worked on.
Thanks for your patience.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

<p>
The posts icons are back, other icons at the bottom of compose/edit box are back, but the paste function still has the extra box/step to get it done.</p>
<p>
Looks like I am still getting some extra command characters not shown in compose/edit box appearing in the final test posted to the thread.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
Also, the Chrome spellchecker seems to still be not working within the forum (works on other sites).</p>

wdk450

Any advances on the "quote" problems with the forum, or with getting the chrome spellchecer to work??