Disk Brake Upgrade

I have a 2011 Cyclone 3010 with the standard electric drum brakes. I am thinking about upgrading them to hydraulic disk brakes, probably use the Kodiak product. Also requires installing an electric hydraulic actuator. Has anyone done this ??? Any comments, pros or cons ??? Also looking for axle specs, have not looked in the owners manual yet, not sure that kind of info is in there, but will check it in the next couple of days when I run out to my storage location. In the meantime, does anyone know the specs on the these tandem axles or can point me to where I can look it up ??? Thanks

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
What the others said. I bought the DIY kit from Performance Trailer Braking in 2017. Everything you need!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

h2oskierc

Anyone ever heard of someone using the Tuson actuator and having ABS on their trailer?

Gary521

There are four or five electric over hydraulic brake actuator that all work pretty well. Most of us have used the Titan actuator. With these type of brakes, there is a split second delay between brake pedal press to trailer brake actuation. The Titan is "supposed" to be the fastest. It also takes up less space and it easier to install.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

There are four or five electric over hydraulic brake actuator that all work pretty well. Most of us have used the Titan actuator. With these type of brakes, there is a split second delay between brake pedal press to trailer brake actuation. The Titan is "supposed" to be the fastest. It also takes up less space and it easier to install.

Good point. I have heard of this. I have the Titan sys and have no delay at all. It all works flawlessly with the truck. LOVE LOVE LOVE the disk brakes, and will never own another RV without them.

Give Mike and Kelly a call at Performance trailer braking (405) 626-7009

https://performancetrailerbraking.com/

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I too have the Titan kit from PTB and if there is a delay, I can’t feel it. Best performance mod ever to the BH

Hey thanks to all who replied - great info !!! I will follow-up with PTB and look at the Titan products, so I should be good to go !!! Thanks again...

Gary521

Dexter bought Titan and Kodiak. They still market the Titan actuator but not the brakes. The Brakes are marketed thru the Kodiak name. Both the Kodiak and Titan brakes were identical anyway.