I can't take it any more!

jhardin

Can someone, anyone please help me. I need a professional schwintec tec. I am so frustrated with my 2018 Landmark Oshkosh that I'm ready to sell it. The long slide, with the slide in slide has quit for about the 9th time. I am so tired of holding my breath, wondering if it is going to come in or not. I've had my dealer fix it (motor 2x's), me (motor 1 time), had slide get out of sink 6 times and now slide is stuck in the out position once again (just one end of the slide moves in, then stops after a 6 to 8 inches. I always extend or retract slide all the way (without pausing or stopping) and hold button until slides motors quit running. I have talked to Heartland, Lippert, my dealer and googled and researched all the information I can find. It always gets fixed, but doesn't seem to last. Can anybody please give me some advise?
P.S. Heartland, Lipert and my dealer have been awesome in helping me, but I think they're stumped now.
Thanks in advance.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Jerry, I have a 2018 Oshkosh as well and so far, few major issues. A good friend that also has an Oshkosh with many problems with his rig and he took his trailer to Affinity RV Group in Goshen Indiana. They took care of his problem for him. I would contact them for help.

NYSUPstater

Knock on wood, ok w/ it's lil cousin...BC3560SS regarding the Schwintec drive system. I try to lube things up once a year. Don't recall if selling dealer told us about NOT stopping it when under operation or it was our old dealer who told us not to cuz it will throw things outta whack.

RickL

I can tell you that the day I took delivery of my Oshkosh the large closet/bedroom slide was an issue. It took them 45 minutes to get the slide out. (They replaced a motor) Fast forward to my visit to the Elkhart last June where they had to replace the flooring to the washer drain springing a leak 3 times. The removed the slide, replaced the floor, and upon reinstalling the slide replaced all four of the large slides motors.

The slide had never worked so well and continues to perform wonderfully.

Last edited by a moderator: