2020 Big Horn water valve

twood

I have a 2020 Big Horn 5th wheel with a Anderson Brass co water valve. The valve will not turn, I called the dealer and they said to use pliers to turn it. I called Anderson and they said the same thing. I think it is ridicules to use pliers to turn a new valve on a $80 k trailer and I do not accept that as a fix. Any one else having the same problem? There has to be something they can do to fix this problem.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
If it’s not been rotated recently you’ll experience the effect you’re describing. I have had to use pliers myself.
My experience has been it’s important to release ALL water pressure. I only turn mine clock wise not back and forth between positions. I’ve had mine apart too. There is some plumbers grease but it’s sparse. I’ve added some additional grease before reassembling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flick

I have a 2020 Big Horn 5th wheel with a Anderson Brass co water valve. The valve will not turn, I called the dealer and they said to use pliers to turn it. I called Anderson and they said the same thing. I think it is ridicules to use pliers to turn a new valve on a $80 k trailer and I do not accept that as a fix. Any one else having the same problem? There has to be something they can do to fix this problem.

Man, I can’t agree with you more, but ours is the same way. First of all, they’re in a bad location, so it’s difficult to get your hand in place to grab it just right. The advice to take pressure off is utmost necessary. Instead of a pair of pliers, I made me a water key specific to my need. You’re probably familiar with what a water key is, but if you’re not, just google water key. It’s a u shaped outfit welded to the end of a rod that allows you to reach in and turn the handle. Has to probably work for now because I don’t think there’s a fix.

GK2018

Ours is the same way, I usually use a crescent wrench to turn ours and also bleed the pressure off prior to turning. This is one of the items on my summer project list to see about making a bit easier to use.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk