Battery dead dealership says circuit breaker

Rysonn

We bought a new to us 2019 Pioneer Toy Hauler. We took it out for our maiden trip a couple of weeks ago and I had installed a battery disconnect right before that so I could shut it down when stored.

We went on our trip and everything was fine. We get it back to storage and I go back 2 days later to put some stuff on the camper for our next use. Went to lower the tongue a bit to get it more level and nothing, battery didn't have enough juice to lower the tongue. But a quick charge on it and it worked.

I then go back a few days later to pick it up to take it to dealer and, of course, no juice. Put the jumper box on it and get it hooked up and took it to dealer.

Dealer calls today and said that it was a circuit breaker that was causing the problem. Does that explanation make sense? I have an extended warranty and and of course it isn't covered.

Thanks for your help.

danemayer

There is a manual reset 12V DC mini-circuit breaker in between the Power Converter and the battery. If something trips that breaker, the battery won't get recharged when plugged into shore power. So the battery could have slowly discharged during your trip.

Page 23 of our owner-written Electrical User Guide has a drawing that illustrates this.

Rysonn

There is a manual reset 12V DC mini-circuit breaker in between the Power Converter and the battery. If something trips that breaker, the battery won't get recharged when plugged into shore power. So the battery could have slowly discharged during your trip.

Page 23 of our owner-written Electrical User Guide has a drawing that illustrates this.

Ahhhhhh ok. So that is located outside of the rv mounted on the frame. I think I have seen those if that is what it is.

We bought a new to us 2019 Pioneer Toy Hauler. We took it out for our maiden trip a couple of weeks ago and I had installed a battery disconnect right before that so I could shut it down when stored.

We went on our trip and everything was fine. We get it back to storage and I go back 2 days later to put some stuff on the camper for our next use. Went to lower the tongue a bit to get it more level and nothing, battery didn't have enough juice to lower the tongue. But a quick charge on it and it worked.

I then go back a few days later to pick it up to take it to dealer and, of course, no juice. Put the jumper box on it and get it hooked up and took it to dealer.

Dealer calls today and said that it was a circuit breaker that was causing the problem. Does that explanation make sense? I have an extended warranty and and of course it isn't covered.

Thanks for your help.

is the converter located behind the circuit breaker on yours? I’m having an issue with my bighorn and I can’t figure out why brand new betteries are dying.

danemayer

is the converter located behind the circuit breaker on yours? I’m having an issue with my bighorn and I can’t figure out why brand new betteries are dying.

On a Bighorn, the Power Converter is usually found behind the rear wall of the pass through basement storage. The 12V DC mini-circuit breakers are located close to the batteries.

Our Electrical user guide and 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic can help you figure out what's wrong.

Oregon_Camper

Here is what you will find, when you remove that pass-through wall. the converter (on my 2015 Bighorn 3160EL) was right behind the wall. The red line in lower corner is where the pass-through wall would be.

Capture.JPG