mounting TV on rotating wall

GinaaaT

hey, everyone. My husband and I just purchased a 2020 Mallars M26 - its a DREAM.

We purchased a 39" flat screen to mount onto the rotating wall that swivels btwn the bedroom and the living area. We bought a $15 TV mount on Amazon- no fancy swivel arm or anything. The screws that came with the mount are 2" long. The board/rotating wall does NOT seem to be 2" thick. I contacted Heartland and was told "The backer is OSB board that is 1/8." (Gibberish to me)

Hoping someone can tell me exactly what size screws we should use to hold up our 14lb TV.

Thanks, everyone!

I just got done installing mine in my 2021 M26. I used the 2 supplied lag bolts but also used the largest (black) plastic spacer in the hardware pack too. The bolt just barely stopped before breaching the back of the rotating wall. The mount is decently solid too. My wife plans on make the backside of the rotating wall a "picture" peg board so it will cover just the little dimples that show for the bolts.

centerline

hey, everyone. My husband and I just purchased a 2020 Mallars M26 - its a DREAM.

We purchased a 39" flat screen to mount onto the rotating wall that swivels btwn the bedroom and the living area. We bought a $15 TV mount on Amazon- no fancy swivel arm or anything. The screws that came with the mount are 2" long. The board/rotating wall does NOT seem to be 2" thick. I contacted Heartland and was told "The backer is OSB board that is 1/8." (Gibberish to me)

Hoping someone can tell me exactly what size screws we should use to hold up our 14lb TV.

Thanks, everyone!

OSB = Oriented Strand Board as opposed to plywood...

I think that "1/8" thick OSB" is gibberish in anyones mind.... as a consumer, OSB is not the best type of material, but as a builder, its a money saving material, that works great for a few years....

when you are dealing with a thin base material, you need more fasteners spread over a larger area to hold the weight and vibrations of the attached component.... shorter screws would seem to be a good option for you to use for your needs there, as once the screw threads penetrates the base material fully, thats ALL the holding power it will ever have, so longer screws arent beneficial, and as you already realize, can go thru the base material TOO far.....