New Torque, incompetent dealer/Service

Dlarsen

We bought our 2020 Torque Tq285 from Castle Country in Helper Ut. We have had our trailer in their shop for 5 and 1/2 months of the 9 months we have owned it. They would never quite be able to remember to fix the list of minor things they said they would fix on the new buyer walk through. We kept getting a response of "sorry about that" and "Bring it back and we will get it done this time for sure" The only major thing they are fixing on that list is the slide out and It is rubbing the floor causing damage. The first time they attempted to fix the slide out, they made it worse. Now we have a damaged floor and it is rubbing on the other corner. They keep telling me that it is common to have trailers in the shop for this amount of time when they are new. We sure would like to have it fixed and actually be able to take it out when we want to.

They literally had our trailer in their shop to fix and adjust cabinets, free up a sticky window and some other minor things for 4 whole months and back and forth from their shop to our house 5 times. They were great to drive it to our house once after they supposedly got the list completed. I had paid for and asked them to add an outside gas hook up while they were fixing the other stuff. When it arrived at our house the only thing they done was the add on gas valve. They didn't even do one thing from the list. They told us they thought the list was complete but "Sorry." The contract driver was so mad at them he adjusted some of the doors for us so we could take it out for the first time on a scheduled camping trip. I spend approximately $50 in fuel every time I take it to them. We are now at 7 times taking it back and forth for the same list of things they promised to fix when we did our first walk through plus a few other things we have found now that we have taken the trailer out a whole 3 times in the 9 months we have had it. Most everything is finally working and adjusted now. I hope we won't be another year getting the slide out fixed! I think we will call the Customer support line and see what they can suggest. Love the trailer but I'm scared the slide out will be the death of the Tq285 for us. Castle Country makes us feel like it is all our fault. Buyer be beware!!! We are at a loss. It is giving, an otherwise great trailer company, a bad name. Our "trailer fix" saga is becoming legend among our family and friends. :mad::)

Bobby A

I wish you would of called customer service long ago, you are a very patient person cause I would not of waited that long, its totally unacceptable !! Call customer service first thing Monday Morning and have your VIN # ready to give them and explain your story.Maybe a mobile tech in your area will give you better results most of them do good work. Make sure you get prior authorization from Heartland before any work is done. Good luck, be patient with Heartland don't fly off the handle they will make it right for you.

Bobby A

RickL

I’d be inclined, especially if the floor is damaged, to request to take the trailer to the service center in Elkhart. Yes, there are some downfalls to do so, length of trip, fuel, etc., but every thing they have done for me has been completed to my satisfaction. The big plus I see is you are eliminating the normal dealer “I have to order that” BS.