Southern Kentucky or norther Tennessee any one familiar?

Mattman

Hey everyone, looking if anyone has some insight to this area. We are headed the TN to spend a week with the inlaws. But for the kids, and not using a hotel we are taking the Camper. Want to stay somewhere in Southern Kentucky, or North TN not to far off I75. We're coming from Michigan. But looking to spend a night there, hopefully find a place to let us keep the camper for a week, while we stay in the Mountains for a week with the Family, and then pick it up after and maybe take our time coming home and camp a few spots on the way back. Wondering if anyone has some good spots and possibly a good place to park it for a week while away. Problem i have seen so far is we need Friday before the 4th. The 3rd. Most places have filled up for the holliday weekend.
Thanks for any insight.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
There isn't a lot of options down I-75 but there is a KOA in Corbin KY. Haven't been there so I can't tell ya much about it. A little off of the interstate is a campground called Stinking Creek ATV Campground in Pioneer TN. Again don't know much about it either.

Kbvols

There are 2 parks on Raccoon Valley road in Heiskil , TN 17 miles north of Knoxville. Escapees Raccoon Valley and Volunteer Park. We have stayed at both many times. Both will let you leave RV for extended times. Both have “storage” areas however the last couple years the Escapees parks storage area was used as camping spots. Both parks have quite a few seasonal campers which are mostly transient workers.

If your looking for a place to stay for just overnight while traveling Renfro Valley RV park is a convenient park with a lot of sites. We stayed for 1 night on Saturday of Memorial Day weekend they had plenty of available sites. There is also a KOA in Renfro Valley also.

Lastly the Budget Hotel in London, KY has a few RV spots. We have stayed there several times as one nighter. We usually stay hooked up and walk to nearby restaurants so convenient but more like parking spot then camping. They do have a nice pool area if it is open.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk