ZEEMAX Trailer Express Tires

Kandy

Need new tires for Landmark Augusta 5th Wheel (now have Goodyear LT235/85/16 G). Was told that Goodyear has not made tires in 8 months so we are unable to get new Endurance or G614 tires. Tire man is trying to sell us on ZEEMAX Trailer Express Tires, G rated. Any opinions or reviews. Thanks in advance.

Flick

Need new tires for Landmark Augusta 5th Wheel (now have Goodyear LT235/85/16 G). Was told that Goodyear has not made tires in 8 months so we are unable to get new Endurance or G614 tires. Tire man is trying to sell us on ZEEMAX Trailer Express Tires, G rated. Any opinions or reviews. Thanks in advance.

Using an old NFL football expression, when you need to score a touchdown on the last play of the game, your going to throw or give the ball to the guy that can bring home the bacon or in other words, your go to man.
Same with tires. Any tire will do for the short haul. But if you’re really going to test your tires, listen to the tire users on this forum.
If you go into the Heartland forum archives, I think you’ll be able to make a good decision.

danemayer

In May I put Goodyear G114 tires on our rig. Manufacturing date code 04 20, which is 4th week of 2020. While that doesn't speak to G614 or Endurance (not sure Endurance is rated for a LM Augusta), it does mean that Goodyear has manufactured tires in the past 8 months.

Sometimes people make up stories in order to sell what they have, or what they make more money selling.

That said, Sailun S637 is a very good tire at a lower price.

Gary521

Just for the heck of it, I checked a couple places on line for Endurance tires and they are available. Goodyear did cease production in March of this year but I think that they are operating now. Sailuns - yes, Zeemax -??? Do you like playing Russian Roulette.

Gaffer

Quality tires are important safety wise. I wouldn't be the first to try out an unknown product.

RickL

Dan is correct. You ran into a salesman who obviously either didn’t have or can’t get Goodyear tires. Granted I’m not up to speed as a Goodyear retiree, but I haven’t had one person tell me they haven’t made tires. Goodyear, like the other manufacturers, NEED to have tires to sell as they haven’t had a very good 2020.

wdk450

Comparing the 2 brands of tires for the ST235/80R 16 by specs on Amazon, the Zeemax is 30 lbs weight where the Sailun is 55 lbs weight. Also the Zeemax listed is a 126 load rating (3748 lbs) versus the Sailun's 129 load rating (4079 lbs).

I found a short, deep slash in one of my tire's sidewalls recently. Put on the spare, and ordered the Sailun from Simple Tire yesterday. I it cost $170.96 before taxes, and is being shipped free by Fedex. SimpleTire lists that its local installers charge around $30 for R&R.

On Edit: I thought I would make edits to this post as the job continues.
The tire arrived from Simple Tire to my RV park East of San Diego IN 1 DAY!! I'll go looking for a preferred installer today.

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My rule of thumb is this...

If a tire has a goofy name like ZEEMAX, TowMax (AKA - BlowMax), Tire King, Tow King or something similar, or is a strange brand name you've never ever heard of...

DON'T BUY THEM!

Stick with Goodyear Endurance, Hercules SP2's, Maxxis 8008's...and you you won't regret them one bit!

Kandy

Thanks guys for all the info.
We decided on Goodyear G614RST-LT235-85-16 at a local GY dealer.
Got a good price and found someone that knows something about RV's.