Need to add a Receiver Hitch for a Cargo Carrier

shawnmuir

I have a Big Country 3070RE 2014 with no bumper. Does anyone know if under the belly on the frame if there are factory bolt holes or something to attach a receiver hitch? I know Curt makes a adjustable one so I have options but am going to take the belly cover partially off to take a look. Has anyone added a receiver to a similar trailer? Are you allowed to weld or does it void any warranty. I have no warranty anyways as I believe it’s run out as I am a second owner. Thanks

50184F5F-4889-4664-A866-0DE17031548F.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Several of us here have welded a receiver to the rear of the frame.
I have dual receivers for my cargo carrier.
Talk to a welding shop, they should be able to fab something for you.

Peace
Dave

Oregon_Camper

I had mine created with dual receivers, to eliminate rocking side to side. It works GREAT! I have a rear camera on the RV and I can see the motorcycle while driving and it never moves! Also had a typical center receiver added, just in case I need to carry something down the road, with typical single connection....but I have never used it. :)

Hitch.JPG

sengli

If your thinking about that bolt on cheap, flimsy 1.25" receiver that lippert used to bolt on. Wow be careful that thing is very flimsy and shakes and wobbles with barely anything on it. Had one on our big horn, and it wasnt very sturdy. Better off having a welding shop fabricate something that wont fail right away.

shawnmuir

I hear you. I was told that it’s like a earth quake in the rear when traveling and can see a single receiver rocking and rolling. I can’t seem to find a dual receiver and a carrier though. I just want to move my electrical and sewer and a few thing out of the belly to free up some room so it will be just storage containers. Did the welder just make yours and add 2 single receivers then where do you find a cargo carrier that has 2 necks or supports. Thought this was going to be easy. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnbhobe

Just have your welder make what you want, I carry a Honda 3K and blocking and sewer gutters on mine.

Oregon_Camper

I hear you. I was told that it’s like a earth quake in the rear when traveling and can see a single receiver rocking and rolling. I can’t seem to find a dual receiver and a carrier though. I just want to move my electrical and sewer and a few thing out of the belly to free up some room so it will be just storage containers. Did the welder just make yours and add 2 single receivers then where do you find a cargo carrier that has 2 necks or supports. Thought this was going to be easy. Lol

I had a local welding company customize the entire setup. I bought the hitch and motorcycle rack and he modified the rack with both inserts and 2x receivers on the hitch. I have the same setup on the front of my truck...you can see that in my signature image. (2 inserts & 2 receivers for that motorcycle rack)