Wallpaper Issues

Mark-Roberta 051995

Good afternoon everyone,

Let me set the stage for everyone as I am sure some of you have seen this and also probably fixed it easily. I still need some assistance as I think I know what I need to do, but the material that is used is where I need the help with.
I have a 2017 Landmark Charleston. It sits for the most part at our seasonal site but we do some traveling during the year for vacations. However this year due to the virus we have not traveled yet so it has been sitting still. Our seasonal site sits in full sun (passenger side) from about 12 noon until the sun goes behind the trees at 9:00 pm. With the extreme heat (88+) that we have seen this summer I believe this defect is being caused from this extreme heat. This defect is only happening on the one side and is next to the TV slide on the inside (see photo). We also have one starting on the kitchen table slide - again on the extreme heat side. I have pulled the slide in and reviewed for any water leaks and cannot find anything. The wallpaper itself has a few holes in it part way down and I have seen some brown liquid / glue residue excreting from it. I am unsure how we got holes in the paper unless it was being stretched from the heat and part was still sticking and it stretched. We leave no air on in the camper due to it being seasonal and we are not allowed to. Every time we go out there on the weekends it is usually about 94-107 degrees inside so now I turn the air on first thing in the morning before work.

So, the question is, can I poke a few small holes in the wallpaper and inject sticky / glue substance behind it and then roll it flat so it will re adhere to the wall. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mark

wallpaper.jpg

cmalberto

Looks like from the photo water has gotten behind the wall paper - but you said you checked that. Wonder if you can get a blow dryer and heat it up and peel it off and then re-attach? Otherwise, I might be tempted to remove and put some new paper down. It will be pain regardless but it would look brand new at that point.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The warm blow dryer idea may shrink the bubbles, with gentle rolling. I believe it’s a vinyl wall covering. Injecting a thin glue may help. If you are connected to shore power and have covers on your vents, especially the Fantastic Fan, set it to come on at 85 degrees or so and leave a window below it cracked open. Leave the other vents also slightly open to get more air circulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk