High temps outside

Routemaster

Anyone had success with applying the alloy bubble to the outside at the fridge area. Yesterday it got to a 107* and the freezer temps rose to +5* with that we brought that slide in with air running brought the temp back down. Any other suggestions? I know go to the mountains.
Den.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Another rig in our park used a “sunshade” type tarp to block the sun on his kitchen slide. I’m guessing to aid in keeping the fridge cooler.

Something like the pic, but this is for an awning. They just have it attached to the slide top, angled down to the ground.
0caa33a50f031cbbaa8c2970d0a02778.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Another rig in our park used a “sunshade” type tarp to block the sun on his kitchen slide. I’m guessing to aid in keeping the fridge cooler.

Something like the pic, but this is for an awning. They just have it attached to the slide top, angled down to the ground.
0caa33a50f031cbbaa8c2970d0a02778.jpg

We have one of those, works great. If a big wind comes up, we release the bungee cord tie downs and roll it in with the awning. Not something I’d do all the time (rolling up) because of the extra weight, but works in a pinch.

danemayer

I'd think there are 2 considerations: 1) ambient temperature of 107 (F), and 2) additional heat load from direct sun on the exterior wall behind the refrigerator.

You can't change the ambient temperature. But you can change the heat load from direct sun. You might try a simple experiment with foil temporarily placed on the exterior wall. If that helps, then a window awning mounted on that wall might be a cost effective and more elegant way to cut the sun. They come in different widths and lengths of extension. Here's one.

v000396776_6.jpg

Gary521

Do you have added fans to the backside of your refrigerator compartment? These added fans help a lot.