3875 FB owners...

uncledon

Her chauffeur
...we have a 2015 3875FB and would like to know how many others out there have same model. There are a few things that I have had to "correct" on my unit that the factory 'didn't do right'. Just curious if other have had same issue, or was mine a 'Friday' model. Thx.

Today I corrected a 'bandaid' fix, in my opinion, with the curb side basement hatch door. Instead of the anchor points being properly located, they added a retention cable to the hydraulic dampener to limit the travel of the door, thus preventing it from getting caught under the bedroom slide if the slide were retracted with the hatch open. If the anchor points for the two dampeners were correctly located, there would be no need for the cable.

20200803_111729.jpg

I took the time to remove the panels inside the storage compartment on both sides in order to remove and relocate the anchor points for the dampeners. Now the compartment door opens and closes fine, and the dampeners stop the door at a position several inches lower than the bottom of the bed slide, like it should be.
20200803_135055.jpg

danemayer

Don,

You might consider adding corner guards to the slideout trim. They'll not only protect your head, but they also limit the upward position of the door so that the slide doesn't catch the door handle.

Here's a link to some white guards. I have black guards on mine. They're press and stick.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Don,

You might consider adding corner guards to the slideout trim. They'll not only protect your head, but they also limit the upward position of the door so that the slide doesn't catch the door handle.

Here's a link to some white guards. I have black guards on mine. They're press and stick.

Thanks Dan! I didn't know they made those.