OK OK I give up

Peteandsharon

Well guys,

It has been that kind of week. My truck problems are well documented and not resolved. Then my father in law passed away during that same week. Today, I get a call from my RV dealer who is storing my unit. They tell me that my unit was broken into, probably Sunday night. Broke the glass in the front door, slit the screen and entered. Thankfully the TV was already out of there and there was nothing valuable to steal. No trashing of the insides. I guess I need to be thankful that it became only a vandalism issue. At this point, I'm staying inside the rest of the week because I know there is an anvil about to drop on my head.

dotken

I feel for you. We are new big horn owners and hope after two months to be able to use our unit without any problems. God bless you

jbeletti

Pete,

So sorry to hear about yet another issue on your end. I know it sounds crazy, but maybe it's time to leave the door unlocked at the storage yard. That said, don't know if I could bring myself to do it. Maybe a sign outside of the RV that says "TVs and Stereo Removed"??

Hope things look up for you soon.

Jim

skyguy

Pete -

I feel for ya man. Some weeks, you just wonder....

Break in - look on the bright side, my brother had a small trailer stored on a lot here in town, someone broke in and removed... practically everything! It's like they were in the process of rebuilding another trailer! They not only took TV, utensils, parts, mattress, cushions but also took ceiling lights, battery, even the bathroom door knob! And even though the unit was only two years old, the dealer had a hard time finding correct replacement parts. (It was a SOB). Fortunately, it happened over the winter, so being without for almost three months was no big deal.

Oh, BTW, he changed storage lots....

Peteandsharon

Yeah, what doesn't kill ya......... You're right though, where can it go but up. Jim, I actually had exactly the same idea this morning. A sign saying "Sorry, no TV inside". Well, replacing the window and screen should be no great expense. Won't even meet my deductable. But it sure makes you feel suddenly vulnerable. That's something that only happens to someone else. Of course..... I thought the same thing about the truck.

CrazyScotsman

Sorry to hear about all your woe's Pete, but remember they come in 3's, getting trailer broke into was your third. So, all up hill from here mate.
Our prayers go out with you on the loss of your Father in law, I lost my Father in law last May, I sure miss that man, he took the place of my own dad who passed in 92.
Just hope you and your wife don't have to go through all the BS my wife is going through with probate. Goes to proove that a Last Will in Testiment, is not worth the paper it's written on. Only DW and her older brother on the will, no other kids involved, neither is disputing the will, it's a simple 50/50, but for some reason the minimum wage clerk at the County office,is being a PITA. Ok that's enough of my rambling.
Remember it's all good from now on.
Cheers ..Ken

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Pete, its hard for me to believe all the stuff that you have gone though these last 2 weeks. The passing of your FIL is the worst. The truck and the window are easy to replace but loved ones cannot. Best wishes to you and DW. Well you've had your 3 things now. So unless its raining anvils, I think its ok to go outside. Bob

Peteandsharon

Thanks Ken and Bob. I appreciate the thoughts. We had the funeral yesterday and since he was a retired air force lt. colonel, he was buried with full military honors which made it very nice. My brother in law is the executor so I don't have to personally deal with the legal technicalities. So far, it has been smooth as far as I know. Of course it is good that his wife is an attorney.

RnRCycloner

Sorry to hear of the issues you're dealing with.. The truck and camper issues will get resolved I'm sure.. Out prayers are with you, your wife, and her family in this time of loss.. God Bless