Removing cabinet drawers..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
In our kitchen the drawers all come out far enough that you can reach the back of the drawer. Our top drawer will come out but stop about 3 inches from the back. Also the drawer in the sofa uses the same type rails and I want to remove the drawer to repair it.

I am familiar with the rails that have a tap to push down and hold then I can remove the drawer from the cabinet.

So when I try to remove these drawers there is only a black plastic piece on the rail but it will not release the drawer rail to allow me to remove the drawer.

I would like some advise to figure this thing out.. It must be rocket science. Duh.

Thanks
BC

grizzlygiant

The drawers are the first thing that go into the coach...everything elsw is built around them. That is why you can't remove them! At least that is my conclusion wnen I tried to get them out.

Macattack

BC-----On the sides of the drawers in the slides there is a black piece of plastic. You need to push down on one side and pull up on the other side while pulling the drawer out. The plactic pieces will only push or pull one way. That's the way mine work anyway. Hope this helps.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
OK.. I will give it a try..
We should be able to remove the drawer from the rail but it is not intuitative..

Will let you know what happens.. Out doing the laundry with the DW. Lots of fun..
We will be moving tomorrow to Tyler area for the weekend.

geeksrus

I replaced the rails on the sofa drawer a few months ago. To remove the drawer (& all the others), one of the black pieces has to be pressed up while the one on the other side has to be pressed down. That's what I found to get them out.

Eh!