CPAP Requirements

rick_debbie_gallant

My unit will run on 12 volts or 110. I just simply put in a12 volt plug at by the battery box and ran a 12volt extension cord to my battery. then I routed by the cord up to the slide out adn I was set for life.

Thank you all for your responses. Tom, my unit is a Respironics BiPAP Plus model. That may account for the voltage change to 24 volts DC/3.0 amp max. I haven't wired the second battery yet so series is a possibility. Because of the voltage difference I should use something different than the standard cigarette socket as you suggested.

RollingHome

Bill I have a Respironics BiPap Auto it runs on 12VDC at 4.16Amps, I too wonder why they used 24 on yours. I went on their web site and could not find your unit. I did find something useful for all RV'ers they sell a DC humidifier. I don't know what voltage though, their web site could use some help, info below :DC Standalone Heated Humidifier1049109 (compatible with 1003758)This may be of help to some who camp rural.

Are any of you that are using the Resmed AC / DC models on Medicare?? The reason I ask....they seem very picky about what they will and will not pay for. I know they would not pay for my battery operated nebulizer......said it was a "luxury"

I'm on Medicare and I have a secondary through Blue Care Network. Medicare didn't get involved and Blue Care Network covers it.

Bill I have a Respironics BiPap Auto it runs on 12VDC at 4.16Amps, I too wonder why they used 24 on yours. I went on their web site and could not find your unit. I did find something useful for all RV'ers they sell a DC humidifier. I don't know what voltage though, their web site could use some help, info below :DC Standalone Heated Humidifier1049109 (compatible with 1003758)This may be of help to some who camp rural.

I found the manual at the site on line and it calls out 12 volts! Someones confused, it clearly states 24 VDC on the label!

RollingHome

Re: I have a RESMED M series

Bill, do you have a seperate 120VAC to 24VDC in line converter (similar to a HP printer) ? Is the label on it or the actual unit. I think I would contact your units supplier or the OEM and verify. Explain to them you want to use it in a RV so it needs to be capable. Resperonics even makes a 12VDC cord with a male cigarette plug for this purpose. In the end I would go by the label. Good luck !

I'm on the road or I would scan and post the bottom of the unit. It is 24 VDC on the bottom. I have 2 Honda 2000's for dry camping and shore power otherwise. The state parks have no generator hours so I have to run on battery(s). The inverter I have is 250watt and it works to power either the CPAP or the TV and cable box (Tiger baseball games are important to us, LOL). In the Jayco with one battery and the furnace also on, morning would bring a dead battery. So I added a separate large Kirtland (Costco) deep discharge battery to run just the CPAP and the TV and it works but i was hoping to clean up my system some. Don't know if I use the extra parallel battery spot in the BH 3670RL if I could go all night with furnace, CPAP and TV? Thats my story and I'm stickin to it!

RollingHome

Bill the humidifier on your BI-PAP uses more current then the actual machine. If you can sleep without humidification you will extend the battery life. Also, the batteries would be connected in series for 24VDC and in parallel for "More Power" at 12 VDC. Tom