Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Good to know Jerrod is kicking around somewhere. I was missing his posts. Jerrod, did you post somewhere the info on ordering the 12 volt monitor?
No sorry
I found them on Amazon. They are a flush mount. I did a small notch in the bottom of the meter to route the wires out of the bottom, instead of out the back of the mounting plate.
This way I was able to mount the plate in position then click the meter into it.
If you do it there way the wires have to slide freely out the back of the plate in order to mount it. Hope this make sense.
0389dbb329583de241f4d220e456d034.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nbomar

Hey @jesstalkn my inverter on my road warrior started clicking this weekend like it was trying to engage but wouldn't while running on my genset. Does this mean the factory inverter is giving up on me or what? It ran for about an hour before this started. Thanks and sorry to derail the topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Is it the Invertor for the residential fridge ????
A clicking sound would probably be the transfer switch
Or are talking about the convertor ???
Convertor
cffc8520703ec1b37e1da5bcfedd7c93.jpg

Invertor
1a03e37a66b3df930824c356b1cb479c.jpg

Transfer switch fore fridge
73d4edc57516c2a19659090d27958f01.jpg

Nbomar

I don't have a residential fridge. It's the loud click I hear when switching from shore power to genset. Didn't know all these options existed. I'm a novice camper owner. Still trying to learn.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The load clicking noise you hear is your transfer switch it should click off of shor power then a louder click on to gen power but once it clicks over you shouldn't hear anymore clicking until you shut off the gen or switch back to shor power.

Transfer switch
I have 3 of them
2 in the basement for
My shor power
Gen power and
Invertor power

And the small one for the fridge

dbe0d23078cd0f8c35419a4c6075e809.jpg

b575a90cb78ffbe5fd8578193d8f7489.jpg

Nbomar

Yea this is the loud click I'm referring to. It started just clicking over and over like it was trying to engage and couldn't. Where should I start my troubleshooting.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Edit: not wire nuts

Check for loose wire jam screws inside of the transfer switch
Unplug the unit from shore power and shut off gen of course.
Tighten all of the screws in the circles on the picture
See if that fixes it first
You my need to check the connections at the gen junction box to
It could just be a bad transfer switch

The green arrows show the switch's.... when on shore power the blue piece is up on that line and the gen line blue piece will be down then just the opposite when on gen power. That is the clicking noise you hear.
55515edf26a624ce016b05e3240e60c2.jpg

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I found these "Lever-Nuts" on Amazon.
They are a lever activated wire connector that it reusable over and over. Like a wire nut / butt connector. You can add or remove 1 wire at a time and use all types and sizes of wire.
I think they will work perfectly for all of my projects inside the RV.

29c48caa130f7ad74fec4a48e7beccf7.jpg

4af47f1f37b9c5d8345eec0e886a1978.jpg

f2b1448858746cb66fa31846df839280.jpg

7bab46ca8548650461f637c68652c288.jpg

917138b0087be04b3de431d03dacf3cd.jpg

493275eb2562161615d3c720c978cfee.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Edit: not wire nuts

Check for loose wire jam screws inside of the transfer switch
Unplug the unit from shore power and shut off gen of course.
Tighten all of the screws in the circles on the picture
See if that fixes it first
You my need to check the connections at the gen junction box to
It could just be a bad transfer switch

The green arrows show the switch's.... when on shore power the blue piece is up on that line and the gen line blue piece will be down then just the opposite when on gen power. That is the clicking noise you hear.
55515edf26a624ce016b05e3240e60c2.jpg

Nbomar
Did you get to look at it yet ?

JBoyerinAbq

Jess,

Do you remember the dimensions of your drawer catches? Mine are sliding open and I want to COPY your great idea. Before I start cutting, I thought you might remember after prototyping.

Thanks,

Jeff

Nbomar

Nbomar
Did you get to look at it yet ?

No I didn't have time after cleaning up all the filth off of it from camping on our farm. I had to get it in storage tonight because I leave for work in the morning. I am going to try and go back up to storage this weekend and pull the basement wall out. Have you designed a better way to keep the wall in there or pulling the screws in and out every time the best way? I did run the generator this afternoon while cleaning it out and everything worked perfectly. I'm guessing I have a loose connection somewhere.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jess,

Do you remember the dimensions of your drawer catches? Mine are sliding open and I want to COPY your great idea. Before I start cutting, I thought you might remember after prototyping.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff actually I didn't measure a thing. I stuck the piece of wood in there and rolled it pressing hard ageist the sharp corners of the cabinet face, that made 2 marks on the wood of the exact thickness my blocks needed to be mounted at. once I had my marks I marked the piece a little better with a pencil. Then mounted 1 block on one side, and one on the other out side of those marks. I used a nail gun to mount them and then cleaned it all up on the belt sander.
Hope that made sense. If not I can recreate with pictures
We were getting ready to head out, and the idea popped into my head just before we put the slide in. I was tired of that cabinet door pushing open and hitting the island. So I knocked it out in about 5 minutes. If I did it again I would sand the inner part of the outer blocks before I nailed them into place.

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I did a check on the digital 12v gauge, It's a little off. I have 1 more I'll see if it's the same
There maybe a calibration screw inside but I doubt it.

807f3ecfb8bcd81750ccd7a4dd68f25d.jpg
9cf336a95776e02e5c53c99f4b1247cc.jpg

Rollin_Free

It's still a great reference in any case and it's only .6 volts off. I don't think it will be a problem as long as you know what the normal value displayed is so if you see any change you'll be aware there's an issue to investigate. Much easier than carrying a DVM with you all the time.

Last edited:

oldelmer1

Jeff actually I didn't measure a thing. I stuck the piece of wood in there and rolled it pressing hard ageist the sharp corners of the cabinet face, that made 2 marks on the wood of the exact thickness my blocks needed to be mounted at. once I had my marks I marked the piece a little better with a pencil. Then mounted 1 block on one side, and one on the other out side of those marks. I used a nail gun to mount them and then cleaned it all up on the belt sander.
Hope that made sense. If not I can recreate with pictures
We were getting ready to head out, and the idea popped into my head just before we put the slide in. I was tired of that cabinet door pushing open and hitting the island. So I knocked it out in about 5 minutes. If I did it again I would sand the inner part of the outer blocks before I nailed them into place.

Jerrod,

I have to admit, I copied them too, THANKS!, but I made mine out of 1/4 " oak that I had laying around. Made mine 1 piece instead of glueing the ends on.

Jeff,

Mine are 3/4" between the stops or ends, and the stops are 1/2". So the overall length of mine are 1-3/4 inches long.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod,

I have to admit, I copied them too, THANKS!, but I made mine out of 1/4 " oak that I had laying around. Made mine 1 piece instead of glueing the ends on.

Jeff,

Mine are 3/4" between the stops or ends, and the stops are 1/2". So the overall length of mine are 1-3/4 inches long.
Sounds like a good idea too.

TxCowboy

Jim who do I need to talk to to get 2 of these phone racks ?
aef095776c1791533fe12d29481c1bea.jpg

Just a note of clarification on these baskets --- I just ordered three through HL Customer Service (Parts Department). The correct part number is 0171598. Don't use the 404222 number. You order them over the phone and someone contacts you for your credit card info when the items are shipped. Delivery is about 10 days, per the parts guy.

They are about $20 each but you get a 10 percent discount if you are a member of the HL Owner's Club.

HTH. :)

Bones

Just a note of clarification on these baskets --- I just ordered three through HL Customer Service (Parts Department). The correct part number is 0171598. Don't use the 404222 number. You order them over the phone and someone contacts you for your credit card info when the items are shipped. Delivery is about 10 days, per the parts guy.

They are about $20 each but you get a 10 percent discount if you are a member of the HL Owner's Club.

HTH. :)
Thanks. I still need to order this