And so it begins

porthole

Retired
I got one of the closet storage kits form Home Depot for the garage. The Color is a fairly good match.
The top is a counter top from the bedroom that I ordered through Heartland (same finish as on the free standing tables)

2-5" and 2-10" drawers

Just need to find a 3 switch bezel now to finish it up.

Attachments

• D30_6032.JPG
    D30_6032.JPG
    531.4 KB · Views: 790
  • D30_6033.JPG
    D30_6033.JPG
    329.9 KB · Views: 698
Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Kind of a simple one here.
I removed just about every decal that was plastered all over the trailer.

Did you ever realize that there were this many?

I relocated the two for the forward tank controls

Attachments

• D30_6046.JPG
    D30_6046.JPG
    555.6 KB · Views: 840

porthole

Retired
2nd pic is not posting for some reason.

I took the 2 decals off the side ODS and placed them inside this compartment.

Attachments

• D30_6035.JPG
    D30_6035.JPG
    318.4 KB · Views: 742

Manke3010

As always, nice work on the mods Duane.

Talk to me on the outlet you added to the left of the Subwoofer. I am a little hesitant on the electrical mod side of things, but very much willing to go for it.
Did you tap into the lines from the add'l outlets you added on the dinette or somewhere else? Any special tidbits we should know?

Did you happen to finish adding the 2 doors for extra access into the storage under the sink (in place of fire extinguisher)...?
Also, where did you order that knife holder for the kitchen?

Thanks!
-Luke

porthole

Retired
As always, nice work on the mods Duane.

Talk to me on the outlet you added to the left of the Subwoofer. I am a little hesitant on the electrical mod side of things, but very much willing to go for it.
Did you tap into the lines from the add'l outlets you added on the dinette or somewhere else? Any special tidbits we should know?

Did you happen to finish adding the 2 doors for extra access into the storage under the sink (in place of fire extinguisher)...?
Also, where did you order that knife holder for the kitchen?

Thanks!
-Luke

Hey Luke,

I used an "RV outlet", they don't take up much room, used a piece of 12/2 and ran it to the breaker panel. I had a spare 20 amp breaker in the house (Murray fits, box is filed with Hammer breakers). Went with the 20 amp circuit since I was planning on the heater being the main user.

Very easy to do.

Did not finish the kitchen cabinet access, that will wait for spring, as well as finishing the garage (border, blinds and valances).
The trailer is now put away for the winter.

The knife holder is a Camping World item.

Yianni

I got one of the closet storage kits form Home Depot for the garage. The Color is a fairly good match.
The top is a counter top from the bedroom that I ordered through Heartland (same finish as on the free standing tables)

2-5" and 2-10" drawers

Just need to find a 3 switch bezel now to finish it up.

Duane,
Looks great. Do you have a part number or order code for the top? Would like to do the same in our garage.
Thanks!

SilverRhino

Another update.
I finished the bedroom headboard shelf, not a real good match with the stain. I ended up using 1 part cherry, 1 part chestnut (minwax).
It looked good on the sample, but is a little dark. Doesn't show too bad.

Duane......looks really good!.....you are definitely your own worst critic ;)........I know how that goes......it's tough being a perfectionist :)

dougw

Duane, how did you remove the decal / sticker from the front cab?

Also, the plug by for the Heater on the entertainment cabinet, where did you pick up the power from?

Thanks
Doug

porthole

Retired
Duane, how did you remove the decal / sticker from the front cab?

Which decal?

Also, the plug by for the Heater on the entertainment cabinet, where did you pick up the power from?

The breaker panel is only 3 feet to the door side of that outlet.

I added a 20 amp breaker and used 12/2 wire.
I used the 12/2 as I was expecting this to be primarily used for a heater.

dougw

Sorry about that, I meant "cap" and not cab. I was referring to the "Patent pending" sticker. I wanted to remove it now before the cap yellowed and faded, and didn't want to make a mess out of removing it.

Thanks
DW

porthole

Retired
Sorry about that, I meant "cap" and not cab. I was referring to the "Patent pending" sticker. I wanted to remove it now before the cap yellowed and faded, and didn't want to make a mess out of removing it.

Thanks
DW

Almost every trailer I saw had that decal with one corner folded over to get a lift point.

Just pulled it off. Sometimes with decals like this if you start pulling and it leaves a lot of residue just give it a good yank and pull it off quickly.

I don't remember which way worked on mine but I had very little residue which quickly cleaned off with "Goo Gone".

I know someone here posted about a potential problem using Goo Gone,
but I have never had any issues with it - it just works.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I used Goo Gone on the remnants of my sticker and then washed it thoroughly to remove it. Waxed as soon as it dried.

porthole

Retired
Started doing the bed storage. Begins with enough cheap stick on tile to make the mattress slide around so much easier.
Added a piano hinge from HD to the already two piece platform.
There will be about 4" of storage the width of the bed when I am finished.
Right now there is enough room to store both the dinette cushion and filler in this new space.

Attachments

• Bed_storage_01..jpg
    Bed_storage_01..jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 832
Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Cyclone vents for the forward gray and black tank.
These are on sale at CW right now, 2 for 1.

There is not enough room on the rear gray tank on the 3010 to fit a Cyclone vent.

Attachments

• D30_6894..JPG
    D30_6894..JPG
    190 KB · Views: 473
  • D30_6896..JPG
    D30_6896..JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 402

porthole

Retired
Garage AC vent. Air distribution is minimal in the garage and with the bunks up non existent. I got and extra vent to cut in.
If you do this don’t be surprised when you cut in and fine no duct, it is not on the floor of the roof, it is about 2” above.
I replaced the original vent with a closable version and added a HL style about 2 feet forward.

After cutting into the duct I could see that it was sagging in the middle, probable reducing airflow. I added a spacer block to the duct before putting the vent in. Last picture is the new vent with the bunks up.

I am considering adding one more vent I the living room, 2 just don’t seem to do the job.
Although I wish the vents were directional 1 way instead of 2 way. In the living room in order to get the air flow towards the couch means ½ the air flow blows against the refrigerator and galley cabinets.

Attachments

• Garage_AC vent_01&#46.jpg
    Garage_AC vent_01&#46.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 575
  • Garage_AC vent_03&#46.jpg
    Garage_AC vent_03&#46.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 600
  • Garage_AC vent_02&#46.jpg
    Garage_AC vent_02&#46.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 564
  • Garage_AC vent_04&#46.jpg
    Garage_AC vent_04&#46.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 583
  • Garage_AC vent_05&#46.jpg
    Garage_AC vent_05&#46.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 575
  • Garage_AC vent_06&#46.jpg
    Garage_AC vent_06&#46.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 543

porthole

Retired
There are not enough tie downs in the garage and I sure wish the aircraft style listed in the manual was available. I intend on adding it later, but the lack of access will make for a difficult job. I would really like to add some of the ABT (aluminum bevel track, aircraft style) to the sides of the garage wall, but the actual wall completely covers the steel support underneath.

I added one floor tie down although you can’t see in this picture, it is in the middle just ahead of the storage bins and through bolted into the bin frame.

Attachments

• Garage_loading_00&#.jpg
    Garage_loading_00&#.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 775
  • Garage_loading_01&#.jpg
    Garage_loading_01&#.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 756
Last edited:

porthole

Retired
I use BikePro drive on wheel chocks in both of my trailers. And I added a winch in the far left corner. If needed I will use a small snatch block I picked up at Tractor Supply attached to one of the floor D-Rings.

Never know when – and there is no way you are pushing an 800 pound golf cart or motorcycle up that ramp!
I figure once permanently wired in I could use it if it raining and the ramp is wet, will make for a much safer trailer entry. Even a 12 volt alarm battery will give enough juice to use this winch, but I will wire in some 10 gauge up to the battery.

Attachments

• Garage_mods_00..jpg
    Garage_mods_00..jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 506
  • Garage_mods_01..jpg
    Garage_mods_01..jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 419