2013 Heartland 29LRSS owner looking for electric jack for hitch

kmc12

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good electric hitch jack I should get. My arm is getting tired. Thank you~ Kevin

jimtoo

Hi kmc12,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of out other members will jump in soon with recommendations or telling us what they use. I have found that Tweety's is a great place to shop for accessories.

Please consider joining the Heartland Owners Club and attend some of the rallies around the country.

Jim M

oldmannj

Brand name jacks are are fine. However, if your on a budget I've found that all jacks come with the same 1 year limited warranty from the manufacturer. With that said I just purchased a 3,500 lb. electric on ebay for $119.70 with shipping included. Fit my 28rks Trailrunner flawlessly with a 1 wire hookup to the battery. 18" stroke BUT comes with an adjustable 6" foot for those occasions when you need it. Only drawback I saw was the manual crank in case you lose power was shorter than the lp cover height. looks like 1/2 a turn at a time till I can get a longer rod welded in. Hope you'll look into saving some cash forrrr oh I don't know maybe some adult beverages LOL;)

pegmikef

However, if your on a budget I've found that all jacks come with the same 1 year limited warranty from the manufacturer. ;)

Actually one of the main reasons I decided on Barker is their warranty is two full years. When I was researching them a couple of years ago, I read many reviews and one of the things I found was the excellent hassle free warranty service was praised. I just found my receipt and it looks like I bought it from Mantelli Trailer Sales, Inc in Lockport, NY so I must have bought it from an ebay vendor. The 24" shaft model cost me a total of 204.90 (184.95 plus 19.95 shipping), but I don't know if they are still available there.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
My son has a 26ft TT. just bought and installed one of those $100 ebay jacks. Worked like a charm. I've had the pricier version on a previous trailer. If I were to do it again, I'd go the cheap route. That's just me though...:eek:

kmc12

Thanks all for the great advice! I'll probably go with the 3500 lb Barker I'll just need to save up a little bit.