2015 LM365 Ashland is Exterior Entertainment Cabinet pre-wired?

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thinking about installing a TV in the exterior cabinet. Our Ashland did not come from the factory with a TV installed. Does anyone know if the coax and power connections are pre-wired?

jbeletti

Yes - there will be AC power and a single coax cable inside the buffet cabinet. You will pass your TV power cord and antenna/cable coax through an opening in the TV cabinet and into the buffet cabinet. The coax is fed from a 2-way splitter in your entertainment cabinet.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Thinking about installing a TV in the exterior cabinet. Our Ashland did not come from the factory with a TV installed. Does anyone know if the coax and power connections are pre-wired?

Bill, are you presently or planning on using satellite in your coach? If so some of us have gone the wireless HDMI from the living room receiver to the outside set with great success. The coach is prewired like Jim stated but those wires will not give you true HD on the outside set using the supplied coax. To get HD you need wireless HDMI or be prewired for component or HDMI which the factory does dot supply.

Rich

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes - there will be AC power and a single coax cable inside the buffet cabinet. You will pass your TV power cord and antenna/cable coax through an opening in the TV cabinet and into the buffet cabinet. The coax is fed from a 2-way splitter in your entertainment cabinet.

Thanks Jim! We have seen some great deals on TVs lately and thought this would be an easy upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Bill, are you presently or planning on using satellite in your coach? If so some of us have gone the wireless HDMI from the living room receiver to the outside set with great success. The coach is prewired like Jim stated but those wires will not give you true HD on the outside set using the supplied coax. To get HD you need wireless HDMI or be prewired for component or HDMI which the factory does dot supply.

Rich

Thanks for the info Rich. We are not currently doing satellite, but that may change soon also.

jbeletti

Bill - look into a mount that allows the TV to pull out and articulate (L-R). That will give you more flexibility in seating to see the TV. I'm not an outdoor TV user, though anytime I've used one, I've never desired to pull it out and rotate it. Yet, I've read many times on the forum that users wished the OEM mount allowed for this.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Bill - look into a mount that allows the TV to pull out and articulate (L-R). That will give you more flexibility in seating to see the TV. I'm not an outdoor TV user, though anytime I've used one, I've never desired to pull it out and rotate it. Yet, I've read many times on the forum that users wished the OEM mount allowed for this.

Bill, Jim brings out another good point. I used the following mount I purchased from Amazon (
404L Locking Cantilever TV Mount with 25" Arm extension) also available from Camping World for a higher price. This mount extended 25 inches allowing you to swing your TV for better viewing. This mount also has a locking feature to help secure your set while traveling. I also use some foam padding on the sides during travel for additional protection ( slit pool noodles work great)

Rich