2020 Heartland Torque 371 slide out

nefty99

My main slide out on our 2020 heartland torque 371 sags quite a bit, like its scary to pop it out, and when we retract it I feel like its going to bind up and bring the main wall with it. I will bring it in a little and run out and try to push and pick up and run in and retract it a bit and do it again until I feel its safe to bring it in. Also my master bedroom slider cables were so loose that the cable ran out of the pulley and ripped it out of the wall, this was the first time we ever popped it out and this happend to us. We bought it used from a dealer in Utah and it was single family owned and used very little from what we can see and what we were told. I wish the dealer would have adressed theses issues before we drove from Southern Ca to Helper Utah to pick it up. So back the main slide out, is that normal for it to sag 3-4 inches? Also the bedroom slide I adjusted all the cables and had to install a metal plate and reinstall the pulley system back in its original location. We bought an extended warranty for the trailer and are in the process of looking for someone in Yuma Az or San Diego to make repairs or adjust the main popout if thats what needs to be done. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

david-steph2018

My main slide out on our 2020 heartland torque 371 sags quite a bit, like its scary to pop it out, and when we retract it I feel like its going to bind up and bring the main wall with it. I will bring it in a little and run out and try to push and pick up and run in and retract it a bit and do it again until I feel its safe to bring it in. Also my master bedroom slider cables were so loose that the cable ran out of the pulley and ripped it out of the wall, this was the first time we ever popped it out and this happend to us. We bought it used from a dealer in Utah and it was single family owned and used very little from what we can see and what we were told. I wish the dealer would have adressed theses issues before we drove from Southern Ca to Helper Utah to pick it up. So back the main slide out, is that normal for it to sag 3-4 inches? Also the bedroom slide I adjusted all the cables and had to install a metal plate and reinstall the pulley system back in its original location. We bought an extended warranty for the trailer and are in the process of looking for someone in Yuma Az or San Diego to make repairs or adjust the main popout if thats what needs to be done. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Our Road Warrior 427, the main slide does drop down when the slide is out.

Routemaster

Something that concerns me is that the cylinder has a fixed end to a welded bracket inside. I think it should have been a pivot there. see the red oil at that end, well mine had a cracked weld, now also see how the RAM drops down as you have said about the room so they must rely on the steel giving on the move-out movement. The new one is aluminum I installed and is more ductile for the bend. Just maybe this could be the reason why we get all these strange noises. Thoughts?
Den.

Attachments

• Rear end cylinder mount.JPG
    Rear end cylinder mount.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • The drop at dining room.JPG
    The drop at dining room.JPG
    843.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Cyl1.JPG
    Cyl1.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5