6 point leveling

stevebotts

Our level up system gave us a level readout. However, after being in this location for a day, the left side seems to be low. The doors all want to swing that way. Can I do another level up process with the slides out?

danemayer

We recently had a discussion on the forum covering this very point. I don't think the Lippert instructions say anything pro or con about having slides in or out while leveling. A few people have leveled with slides out. I level with the slides in.

If the rig is not level after auto-leveling, the system may need to be calibrated.

Bobby A

Our level up system gave us a level readout. However, after being in this location for a day, the left side seems to be low. The doors all want to swing that way. Can I do another level up process with the slides out?

There is a way to tweek the system, thats one of my pet peevs also, making sure the doors don't swing open or closed. I'm sure someone will chime in hear with the exact process to tweek, if not you can PM me and I will pull out the procedure that I got from the installer from Lippert last year on how to tweek.

You will have to recalibrate or "zero the system". Check out the manual that boatto5er listed in above response.

porthole

Retired

To answer your question, yes you can.

It is not that unusual to have the trailer settle in after a day or two. I just had this at the PA rally two weeks ago.
The easiest way is to just hit the auto level button again - making sure the pin box is clear of any instructions.

Or - you can go into the manual mode, once you start moving a set of jacks the screen will display the "out of level" amount with a + or - sign.
Just extend or retract the jacks to you are back to zero.

If using the auto level seems to be having a difficult time re-leveling, bring the rear jacks up and lower the front landing gear a bit, then activate the auto level.

When I remember, I will "auto level" after I bring the slides out.