AC Issues 2017 Trail Runner 32ODK

Pat55ski

We recently discovered that our Trail Runner's AC system is running on a 15 amp breaker. Last year we thought all the cottonwood seeds were clogging the cois and tripping the system, but when we cleaned the system this year, the AC breaker was still tripping. Looking at the breaker panel revealed the 15 amp breaker triping and not the 20 amp breaker as listed on thr panel. When I shut of the 20 amp breaker everything in the outlets go off. Seems to me an assembly error.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It might be wise to check with Heartland on your wiring before changing anything but I think your suspicions might be correct.
Normally the receptacles are protected by a 15 amp breaker and depending on the size of your AC It might require a 20 amp breaker.
Check the Romex cable going to the breakers. A yellow sheathed cable is 12 gauge wire for 20 amp and a white sheathed cable is 14 gauge wire for 15 amp circuits.

Peace
Dave

Pat55ski

It might be wise to check with Heartland on your wiring before changing anything but I think your suspicions might be correct.
Normally the receptacles are protected by a 15 amp breaker and depending on the size of your AC It might require a 20 amp breaker.
Check the Romex cable going to the breakers. A yellow sheathed cable is 12 gauge wire for 20 amp and a white sheathed cable is 14 gauge wire for 15 amp circuits.

Peace
Dave
When I pulled the panel cover, all the wires were black. I never checked to see if there were any type of gauge markings on the wires. I was going to attempt to switch the wires but the breakers required an electrician’s contact screwdriver, which I did not have. Thanks for the reply. I am going to contact the dealer where I purchased the trailer an see if they will correct this error since the trailer was purchased this way.