AT&T Mobley Hotspot

crussian

Re: AT&T Mobley Hotspot - PROBLEM SOLVED

To All - Thanks to everyone that contributed input to trying to find my solution to the connectivity issue. AFMagnum was spot on when he said the label on the back of the unit had the SSID AND password. Thank you Sir.

Long story short, I was missing the APN (Access Point Name). The default is blank so you have to enter something, after several calls and finally to the Mobley manufacturer (Novatech did the communicating), the APN is "broadband" (no quotes). So, let me do this the easy way.

If you follow the Quick Start guide AND have SSID, Password and APN, the install is straightforward. Missing any of those 3 variables and it just won't connect. Ever.

IF you order from Novatech and require assistance, Alex Kling is the resident expert, [FONT=&quot]800.268.8628 x253.

C&J
[/FONT]

AFMagnum

To All - Thanks to everyone that contributed input to trying to find my solution to the connectivity issue. AFMagnum was spot on when he said the label on the back of the unit had the SSID AND password. Thank you Sir.

Long story short, I was missing the APN (Access Point Name). The default is blank so you have to enter something, after several calls and finally to the Mobley manufacturer (Novatech did the communicating), the APN is "broadband" (no quotes). So, let me do this the easy way.

If you follow the Quick Start guide AND have SSID, Password and APN, the install is straightforward. Missing any of those 3 variables and it just won't connect. Ever.

IF you order from Novatech and require assistance, Alex Kling is the resident expert, [FONT=&quot]800.268.8628 x253.

C&J
[/FONT]

Glad you got it up and running. I have the Mobley for the car and an ATT hotspot for the RV. The setup works perfect for me.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Glad you got it up and running. I have the Mobley for the car and an ATT hotspot for the RV. The setup works perfect for me.

Same here, I got the Mobley mainly for trips away from the rv, so I don't have to take my hotspot (it's all set up with my router, etc and wall mounted.)

We also bought it as a backup, if the hotspot goes over limit and gets "network managed", I have another device to use for data.

We've set up our phones to use wifi when in the car, so they are using Mobley's data, rather than their own. I have even streamed music this way as we travel.

Note, if you already have an AT&T account and have an unlimited plan, it's just $20 a month to add a Mobley to your existing plan. It gets its own data allotment (22GB and then potentially network managed in high traffic areas.)

If you don't have an AT&T account, to start a plan with only a "Connected Car" device, aka Mobley, is just $20 a month for unlimited data (with the same 22GB then chance of network management.)

I am not an expert so don't hold me to this. Just what I have read. It could change! Also, Mobleys are in high demand, and hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crussian

They are out of stock on att.com, but you can get them on eBay for triple the list price.

Absolutely right on the price. I didn't want to get strapped to a 2 year contract so I bought mine at Novotech. Not sure if they have any left but it was around $250. Well, short update, website is not showing any available. Dang it got popular.

C&J

- - - Updated - - -

ALL: found this on ebay ---> http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/282489045503?chn=ps&dispItem=1

C&J