ATF: Big Country - iRV 33

Tumblweed

I recently purchased a Big Country 2016 3450TS. It came with an iRV 33 audo system installed. Problem is, it does not work. I've followed the manf. recommendation that when all else fails, hold the power button down for 5 seconds and it will reset to the factory settings. It did not work. the pwer light in the on/off button continues to glow red. No radio, no CD, no DVD. HELP.

danemayer

Hi Tumbleweed,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The only idea I can offer as advice is to pull the power on the theory that there's a microprocessor that's stuck. I don't know if your audio system is powered by 12V DC, or 120V AC, or both, so if you have the option, disconnect shore power and if you have a battery cutoff switch, turn it to OFF. If no cutoff switch, either pull the fuse for the audio system or disconnect the battery negative terminal.

If that doesn't help, the device may need to be replaced. You can always take it to your dealer for repair. Or if you're handy, you could call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They may agree to send you a replacement for self-install. Many of the audio systems have a bezel that pops off and the device is mounted with 4 screws. The screws may have a #2 square head like most in your RV, so getting the right driver will help.