ATF: Landmark - Can't reach ports (HDMI, etc.) in the back of any of our TV's

JNS

We purchased a new 2016 Landmark Madison 365 and have 3 tv's inside and can't access the ports in the back of any of them. The large (64 inch?) in the living room is mounted (all of them are) to the wall and do not pull out or swivel.. so how do you use the ports in the back, we can't hook anything up! Really seems like a huge flaw, but maybe we're missing something (i hope!).

Thank you.

jbeletti

For your living room TV at least, take a look in a cabinet near the TV to see if there's a wall plate there that has an HDMI jack on it. If it's there, then there's 1 HDMI input that's been extended for you.

How to get the TV off the wall - you'll need to "call" Customer Service (877-262-8032 for that).

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello JNS and welcome to this great forum. Congrats on your new Landmark. Lots of friendly people here willing to share their knowledge.
I always think that if someone installed something, somehow it's going to uninstall.
I'm sure that a fellow Landmark will have an answer for you.
Be sure to check out the Heartland Owners Club and look for an upcoming rally in the Events tab above that will be in your area or area of your travel. You will enjoy that.

Peace
Dave

JNS

Hello and Thank you for your reply! I checked the cabinet next to the TV and there is nothing there besides an outlet, but it would of make a lot of sense if there would of been one there!! I contacted customer service and after sending Mitchell a 1/2 dozen pictures of the small opening between the TV and wall, he said there maybe a lift lever in the back but not sure and if not we'd have to un-bolt the TV and plug in our cables and then re-bolt it back all using a special tool we'd have to purchase... Hoping the lift lever is there but if not this really seems like a design flaw and maybe we can get a pull out swivel mount installed... I will also look in the HUG manual I was told about in case other owners have had this same issue.

Thank you again, I'm really glad I found this site and other Heartland Landmark owners!

J

For your living room TV at least, take a look in a cabinet near the TV to see if there's a wall plate there that has an HDMI jack on it. If it's there, then there's 1 HDMI input that's been extended for you.

How to get the TV off the wall - you'll need to "call" Customer Service (877-262-8032 for that).

BillGott

I think you have the same tv setup as we do. The tv is hanging on a u channel behind it. There should be 2 screws at the bottom corners one on each side holding a bracket attached to the tv. Remove these 2 screws and with someones help tilt the tv from the bottom out about 2 inches then lift the tv up until it comes off the track behind it. You can have your assistant stead it on the shelf until you either disconnect wires and set on floor or add 1 or 2 more HDMI cables to the back. To reinstall just reverse the removal procedure.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If your tricky enough to stick your phone under or behind to take some pictures and see what you can see in the picture. I was lucky enough to find and plug in a HDMI cable into the back of my bedroom TV using that method. My living room TV swings out and also has the HDMI extender like Jim B. was talking about.