Autoleveling Inconsistency

funntheson

We have the factory installed autoleveling system on our Bighorn. It's wonderful . . . when it works properly, but if it is supposed to make the leveling task easier, how come a couple uses after I zero it out, it is not level when we set it up the next time?

If anyone has advice or tips on how to get it to work consistently, I would appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

Larry

danemayer

Ours was slightly off when we first got it. Had it zero calibrated at the dealer and it's been consistently level ever since. If yours sometimes gets you level, sometimes not, you probably ought to call Lippert support and ask them what's going on. Assuming you're still under warranty, at least get the problem logged by Lippert and ask for a reference # so when you get to a dealer, it'll be covered, even if the warranty expired the week prior.

Btw, at the Goshen Rally, Lippert made a point of saying that you should never hit autolevel while still hooked to the tow vehicle. Being hitched interferes with the operation of the system.

funntheson

I have never initiated autolevel while hooked up to the truck. I think I will call Lippert. I had a dealer recalibrate it once, and it wasn't level, so i had to do it myself. It was level for a few trips, now the bedroom door won't even shut the last two trips.

Larry

porthole

Retired
Lippert made a point of saying that you should never hit autolevel while still hooked to the tow vehicle. Being hitched interferes with the operation of the system.

You can activate the auto level when hooked up, odds are though it just won't work since iti can't drop the trailer first to find a front to rear starting point.