Campground recommendations along I-77 in NC

NYSUPstater

Looks like we will be heading to FL for vaykay this summer and roast our chestnuts off (LOL) and thinking of doing it in 2 days rather than 1. Leaving Syr, NY and taking 81 south to 77 south (after fueling up in Wythville) and am thinking we should be able to get to NC or so as a 1/2 way point for the night. If I am wrong, please say so. Eventually will p/u 26 south to 95 south to 4 south/west.

All this being said, what are the recommendations to crash for the night (down/back)? Is NC in fact even the 1/2 way point?

TIA

Mark-Roberta 051995

There is a KOA right off of I-77 if your only staying one night. I have never been there but they are close to the hwy. for on/off purposes. I am unsure where your headed in Florida but from Syracuse to Statesville is about 700 miles - long drive for sure.

I am from Watertown so it's nice to see a northerner - Go Orange ('Cuse).

Mark

jdamude

Looks like we will be heading to FL for vaykay this summer and roast our chestnuts off (LOL) and thinking of doing it in 2 days rather than 1. Leaving Syr, NY and taking 81 south to 77 south (after fueling up in Wythville) and am thinking we should be able to get to NC or so as a 1/2 way point for the night. If I am wrong, please say so. Eventually will p/u 26 south to 95 south to 4 south/west.

All this being said, what are the recommendations to crash for the night (down/back)? Is NC in fact even the 1/2 way point?

TIA

We travel from the Buffalo border to Florida 4 times a year. Our half way point is Fort Chiswell Rv Resort in Max Meadows VA. It is 9 hours from Buffalo. It is right off the I77 and is a transient park designed for people passing through. Most sites are pull through. If you use your GPS to get there, it shows the location to be on the right side of the road, but it is actually on the left side.

NYSUPstater

There is a KOA right off of I-77 if your only staying one night. I have never been there but they are close to the hwy. for on/off purposes. I am unsure where your headed in Florida but from Syracuse to Statesville is about 700 miles - long drive for sure.

I am from Watertown so it's nice to see a northerner - Go Orange ('Cuse).

Mark

Orlando, WDW.

Thanks for the replies folks.