Confused by heating; AC units are on at same time as furnace and not putting out heat. Model 33RETS

Bought this model in August (first RV ever) and then it was in for warranty work for three months. Only used it once, and it was hot, so just the AC to cool down at the time.

Just got it back from the shop Friday and was organizing and prepping some things over the weekend and tried to turn on the heat so I'd be more comfortable while doing so (plugged into 50 AMP). I only see one thermostat control in the unit, and when I set it to heat, both the furnace (built into a cabinet on the floor), and the AC unit turns on. And while the furnace put out heat after just a minute or so, the AC unit was only blowing cold air (ran for 20 minutes). Am I missing something? I checked my manuals for the furnace and AC unit, but I didn't find anything that seemed relevant. Is something broken? Should the AC unit NOT be turning on when the TStat is set to heat?

I don't want to take it back to the shop if it is user error or a simple fix, but I am also stumped at how to go about even figuring out the issue.

My wife had them both running at the same time one day... AC set for 70, heat set for 68... too close and the ceiling ac vent was blowing on the thermostat which told the furnace to run...
If your electricity is included in your lot rent, I find comfortable settings with portable heaters on the floor set for 63 (63 deg on the floor is about 70 at head level) and AC at 73 deg on auto. My Thermostats are at about head level on the main floor of my 5th-wheel coach.