Cyclone 3795 landing gear ???

pep0407

I have been battling the inadequate single power landing gear problem on my Cyclone for a few years now. I finally bit the $400 bullet and ordered the dual power conversion kit from venture mfg. The parts arrived today and as I began removing the original parts I noticed something that didnt seem quite right. The legs have two protrusions on the outboard side that catch on brackets welded to the frame with pinch clamps to hold them in place. On mine, the upper brackets are too low so the protrusion is above the bracket. All of the weight is being put on only the lower bracket and it is bending it up at the weld point. I'm pretty sure that this is wrong. Has anyone seen this before? Its a 2007 so my warranty is long expired, but this seems like a pretty serious a manufacturing defect. My first thought is to grind the upper bracket off and weld it back on a few inches higher.

porthole

Retired
How are you supporting the trialer while you do this?

And maybe if you could post a picture others can compare it to their own jacks.

Mike Repp

I ran into similar problem with my 3912. My was off about 1/16" on the lower bracket. I just ground the bracket a little till it fit. One other thing, compare your old legs with the new legs. Venture may have sent you the wrong legs.

pep0407

Porthole, I have 12"x12"x24" beams stacked 2 high that I lowered the frame onto to support it. If I can figure out how I'll post pictures. I ve aloready sent them to lippert and heartland.

Mike, On yours are both brackets above the protrusions in the leg? I would think that they should both be above to distribute all of the weight onto 2 spots vice only the lower. A thought occured to me that mybe the lower bracket was support the weight of the trailer and the upper was to keep the leg from falling out. If so it doesnt seem right, 4000+ lbs on 1 bracket holding the entire trailer up and 20lbs on the other keeping the leg from falling out. I think the clamp is enough to keep the leg from falling under its own weight. I verified the leg is correct. I noticed the problem with the original legs installed. I stopped working until I hear back from the MFG Monday.

PUG

Pug
Ditto to mike repp on my 3950. One above one below with the clamps holding it all in tight against the frame.