Dealers do not want to do warranty work

crazyjoe

Heartland's BEST service center hands down is R.V. Capital Service Center in Elkhart IN. They are Heartlands certified factory repair facility. (574) 970-0120 The warranty guy there Rick is awesome!! I had a water problem in my old unit and was out of warranty and they covered everything!! I just call Rick and he sends the parts that I can fix myself. They are seriously worth the trip....

bigredtruck

out the car window,

I contacted Customer Service and was given these suggestions:

Not sure that either of these will work out for you but it's what info I could obtain.

Best of luck,

Jim
Unfortunately, both of those shops are a $400 (one way) ferry ride.

shobbs64

Warranty work in northern California

In northern California I found a dealer that takes care of warranty stuff for my Bighorn; Dan Gamel in Anderson CA (just south of Redding); Service person Larry Joe. Great service and fast turn around. I hope this is help for those who need repairs. They take care of you, no worries here.

gsbainter

I found out recently that Pan Pacific in Roseville (Northern CA) is now an authorized Heartland Dealer. They sell Sundance and the toy haulers. I just dropped my Sundance off to have my ladder replaced (I bumped into my neigbors house!). They seem really easy to work with. I was a previous customer of theirs about 8 years ago and had a great experience.

Luckyhat12

I have one for you. I am a full timer and I called and made an appointment because I was going out of town for work for a few weeks. Took the camper in and left it for over 3 weeks. I came back and asked how it was coming and they hadn't even looked at it. Now it is 2.5 weeks after I was scheduled to have it back and it is still at the dealership waiting for parts from Heartland. This is the purchasing dealer. When I bought the camper I had it for a week and then the dealer had it for the next 5 for repairs now it is back for another 5-7 weeks for repairs and I AM A FULLTIMER.

I can't seem to get it across to them that I live in my rig and that this is putting me out greatly having to stay with other people until my house is ready. I have had pictures of the problem for 9 months but I couldn't get out of it long enough to get it fixed. The repairs have been authorized twice now so why can't the parts get there?

Some things I don't understand. Aparently the economy isn't bad enough for these folks to work hard enough to keep current business and repeat customers. It isn't like new business is knocking on the door every 5 minutes.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Chris, during all this time have you ever contacted customer service at Heartland. If not, you should do that tomorrow. Make sure you have the VIN# handy when you call. Bob:D

greg_darla

I ran into the same thing when we were shopping for our Landmark. We had been given a real attractive quote on one several hundred miles away. After getting the quote, I called the closest Landmark dealer 110 miles away to see if he could beat the deal on one exactly like it. He didn't come close, and informed me that they would only service what they sell.

Luckyhat12

I called today and got Gary Schilling's voicemail. Maybe he'll call me back tomorrow. I don't have my vin handy because all my paperwork for the camper is in the camper. I can run down there and get it tomorrow I guess. This just isn't the first time I have had the run around.

The funniest thing is that the service writer told me that I shouldn't call heartland directly because it often causes irritation and could cause even more delays. I loved that one.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Chris, thats what I thought. You are getting the run-a-round. Gary will know what and when any parts were ordered. If HL thinks that you are getting a raw deal on the repairs. They "WILL" contact the dealer and it might not be a pretty site. It would be like GM calling a dealer or sending a rep to the dealer. It can get ugly and the fur will fly, if you get my drift. Ask Gary all the right questions, when,were, and how, then you are "loaded for bear" when you contact the dealer again. I did it with my dealer. BTW, the service advisor is in the "CYA" mode for sure. My 2cts. BOB:D

bill40

It's a shame the RV industry does not have the same attitude as the auto industry. I guess I have been lucky over the years but no matter where I was i never had a dealer ask if I bought my tow vehicle from them(Ford or GM) from coast to coast. As all of us I have had both minor and major warranty work done. In most cases the work was expedited due to the fact we were traveling.
I just don't think we should have to call Heartland for warranty work when we stop at a dealer that represents their product. Hopefully this will change when the industry gets back on its feet and alot of these dealers learn what coustomer service really is.
Just another 2cents of vent

luv2camp

I also live in PA and have just started with my share of problems. I purchased my trailer from one of the previous mentioned dealers who have been great to work with thus far but are located about 100 miles from my home. I located another dealer located about 30 miles from home who does not want to look at my trailer. Last year when the camper was 9 months old we found that the slide and 2 windows leaked. Our leak was dripping from under our coach. We traveled the 100 miles to get it fixed and it was "fixed". We only used the camper 1 time since then and then winterized it. We just opened to use it this last weekend to find the leak under coach was still there. When I called the dealer they keep referring to it as a new leak. We are scheduled to take it again 100 miles for them to check it this up coming weekend. When I spoke to the service person where we purchased it she said since we are 18 months from purchasing it that it would most likely not be covered. Any suggestions on what to do. I am thinking it is the same leak from July that the origin of it was really not found since it is leaking in the camper at the same spot.

Luckyhat12

I am still getting the run around from my dealer. I was told 4 weeks should be enough and that was 10 weeks ago. I am ready for them to start making the payments on my house if I am not going to be able to live in it. It has been at the dealership for over 15 weeks since I picked it up on december 23rd of 2007. Something isn't right when you can't get work done any faster than that by a factory dealer. I'm still another week or two out from getting it back as it stands now.

wdk450

Dealer WON'T (CAN'T?) fix A.C. wiring problem

Gang:
I have a problem that the power wiring for my air conditioning has gone open circuit somewhere in its run from the breaker box to the roof-mounted air conditioner. I have verified this with DVM readings (both voltage and continuity). My local dealer's service tech told me on the phone that he COULD NOT FIX THIS and I WOULD HAVE TO CONTACT A 3rd PARTY RV SERVICE COMPANY.
I guess I expected the factory-authorized service tech to fix most any problem that I have under warranty.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bill, I don't know how you can have an open circuit between the service panel and the AC. Not saying it can't happen, it just seems unlikely. A few things to check, are the connections in the ceiling by the AC, the terminals at the breaker being tight, including the ground and neutral and be sure to turn off the breaker and turn it back on to make sure it is properly reset. How did you check the continuity? Did you disconnect both ends and close one end of the circuit before checking. Keep us posted on your problem. As always, be certain to unplug from shore power before diving into electrical problems.
Peace
Dave